PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question: Elementalist point of view for crafting?

Just a quick question on choosing a skill/profession
    im an asura elementalist lvl 12, which one would i benefit from most
    to help me out within the game.

Master Chef
    Master Tailor
    Master Leatherworker
    Master Armorsmith
    Master Weapon Smith
    Master Huntsman

please if somebody could explain them to me i would appreciate it and
    would make things alot simpler.

Thanks for reading

Chef gives consumables, tailor gives light armor, leatherworker and armorsmith give armors you can't use, weaponsmith can only make one weapon you can use (dagger), huntsman doesn't make any weapons you can use.

You forgot artificer which makes casting weapons (scepter, staff, foci), and jeweler which makes rings and necklaces.

Personally, I would go select from artificer, jeweler, and tailor. Chef can be good put expensive.

how many off theses can i pick at once ?

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Only two at one time. You can change between them, at a cost, but you don't lose progress when you change, you just pick up where you left off with that particular crafting profession.

Artificer and Tailor are the two I chose for my elementalist. I can make anything I need (provided I have them at a high enough level).

If you are a fan of dyes, chef can make them. So there is a plus to cooking. However, they are pretty costly, and they are only unidentified dyes.

ok i picked artificer as my first one, i was desiding between tailor and jeweler but think il pick tailor. Thanks for the help guys.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Artificer & Tailor can provide you with weapons & armor early on (and of course Tailor can make bags for expanding the inventory. Artificers can also make potions that give you a boost to damage vs. specific foes (but they kind of fill your inventory like other consumables). Jewellery does not drop from monsters (you need to get it as story line rewards & from heart/karma vendors).
    Cooks can make food & drink with pretty good bonuses. The dyes they can make require quite a few ingredients, so it is nothing for early levels.
    Don't take professions now you can't make items you can not use (Leather worker, Armor smith etc.)
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    ...Don't take professions now you can't make items you can not use (Leather worker, Armor smith etc.)
    The only caveat to the above is if you get a certain level in the crafting where refining raw materials gives you no experience. You can then change crafting professions to another that refines the same materials and gives you experience. Of course this means you will be paying in-game money (the crafting change fee) for getting the experience.

Some might find it better to just refine exactly what you need/a minimum amount once you no longer get the experience and selling/trading any excess over the banks 250 items. This works since you could still be getting experience from making from recipes using the refined materials or using them in discovery.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    The only caveat to the above is if you get a certain level in the crafting where refining raw materials gives you no experience. You can then change crafting professions to another that refines the same materials and gives you experience. Of course this means you will be paying in-game money (the crafting change fee) for getting the experience.

Some might find it better to just refine exactly what you need/a minimum amount once you no longer get the experience and selling/trading any excess over the banks 250 items. This works since you could still be getting experience from making from recipes using the refined materials or using them in discovery.
    Perfectly true, but he was asking what professions to chose with his Lvl 12 Elementalist (so early in the game), where switching crafting professions might not be the best way to spend the few coppers you have. After completing the Lvl 1-15 zones for all races, you should have found enough basic mats to advance beyond Lvl 75 to refine the next tier of materials. Then, after filling up your bank account with 250 copper ores might be a good time to swap to another profession for refinement (IMO).
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorani View Post
    ...After completing the Lvl 1-15 zones for all races, you should have found enough basic mats to advance beyond Lvl 75 to refine the next tier of materials...
    It didn't work that way for me though. I have already "completed" all the starter zones and most of the second zones (exception being charr) and still only got over level 75 on tailoring. My jewelmaking is over 50 though. This is somewhat puzzling for a few reasons:
    1) Those crafting professions do not compete for types of crafting materials.
    2) I thought I was doing a good job of gathering from every node I saw and made a point of going to every part of the maps. I also did not avoid any fights (for material drops and salvage) I thought I could manage.
    3) I had no problem with getting the refinable materials, which for tailoring came from salvaging. My problem was lack of monster drop materials, particularly in tailoring.

Of course without the trading post it was a little more expensive, since I couldn't sell what I made and had to salvage the made stuff. To offset that I also could not buy the raw materials I had not got.

In any case I feel that your advice is very sound for a beginning elementalist (I am starting with a necromancer) crafter.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrichmond View Post
    3) I had no problem with getting the refinable materials, which for tailoring came from salvaging. My problem was lack of monster drop materials, particularly in tailoring.
    Me too. Especially, when you want to go for the Embroidered upgrades which need 8 of each. Try to make as many discoveries as possible and sell the items to a trader (or give it to friends) as long as the BLTC is down. Or you can re-salvage them to get some materials back.