PC Gaming News
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

So, how is my armor? Comparison table

I think it will be helpful for all the new Elementalists, who are trying to get to maximum level at the moment and those who will follow as secondary characters, to find a comparison on how good or bad your current armour really is - and if you should upgrade.

This table below shows you Fine (mostly even numbers) and Masterwork (mostly uneven numbers) crafted armour you can make yourself as a Tailor or buy fairly cheap (up until Lvl 60/65 items) on the trading post.
    Rare (yellow coloured) or Exotic (orange coloured) armour pieces have higher defence values than the items listed here when they have the same requirement level as a Fine or Masterwork armour. High end items are only listed at the bottom with their maximum level of 80.

What I did not incorporate into the table at all, are the stats of the armour, like having "+ Power" or "+ Vitality". I will try to do that later, when I found a good way to present the numbers.

Too many numbers? Want a rule of thumb?

Try not to run around with armour pieces that are more than 10 Levels below your characater level or the level of the area you are in. You will notice a significant increase in "squishy-ness" once you hit areas that do not scale you down.

Crafted
    Headpiece
    Crafted
    Shoulders
    Crafted
    Coat
    Crafted
    Gloves
    Crafted
    Leggings
    Crafted
    Shoes
    Lvl 25
    15 15 59 27 39 27
    Lvl 30 17 17 69 31 46 31
    Lvl 35 19 19 81 40 57 40
    Lvl 40 23 23 93 42 61 42
    Lvl 45 26 26 106 47 69 47
    Lvl 50 32 32 120 59 85 59
    Lvl 55 33 33 136 61 88 61
    Lvl 60 37 37 153 68 98 68
    Lvl 65 45 45 170 81 118 81
    Lvl 70 46 46 189 83 121 83
    Lvl 75 50 50 209 92 134 92
    Lvl 80 60 60 230 109 159 109
    Lvl 80
    Rare
    65 65 278 118 171 118
    Lvl 80
    Exotic
    73 73 314 133 194 133
    Lvl 80
    Ascended
    ? ? ? ? ? ?
    Lvl 80
    Legendary
    ? ? ? ? ? ?
    Last edited by Gorani; 20-11-2012 at 14:46.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

A little explanation for the info graphic:

• The left column is for players who want to augment their path of critical damage and direct damage. This probably means favouring Fire & Air Magic as your main damage dealers.
    • The right column is for players who want to augment their path of condition damage over time. These upgrades are for players that favour Earth & Fire Magic and degeneration via the conditions of those skills (Bleeding; Burning)

The higher up on the graphics the more the upgrades augment active and aggressive game play and play style, which some might call a "glass canon" stereotype. Adding just the upper two groups will result in Toughness being below 1k and the ability to self heal very limited (if no points in Earth or Air Magic traits are spent).

The further down on the graphics the more the upgrades augment defensive and controlled game play, which increases survivability. While Knight's is a general "aggressive" component, Soldier's provides a lot of staying power.
    Cleric's, Magi and Shaman's will fit your game play, if you like the support role, as you can heal others better and revive allies faster due to the Healing component. A full set (Cleric's; Shaman's) will lack some punch when fighting foes.

The "Magic Find" of Explorer's & Traveller's adds a passive component, as it does not involve combat stats, like the others. Therefore it was put on the lower end of the graphic, despite the fact that two stats contributes to damage. In a three dimensional graphics, those two would be separate "branches" of the graphic.
    It was just a method of organizing to put them there.
    Last edited by Gorani; 03-04-2013 at 15:25.
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

This is excellent.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I concur. A very handy chart. Thanks, Gorani.

Sadly, though I have been quite focused on keeping my crafting up as I go, I have fallen further and further behind in my struggle to accumulate materials. Both of my characters are now level 60+ and have just managed to craft their level 50 gear. To do so, they stayed in areas where tier 3 mats drop instead of moving on. Making that set of gear put their armor and weapon crafting levels up to 225, ready to craft level 55 gear immediately, except ... they have no tier 4 mats to speak of. By the time they can accumulate enough of those to do level 55 gear, much less level 60, I fear I'll be well over 15 levels ahead of my gear.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    I concur. A very handy chart. Thanks, Gorani.

*snip*
    You are welcome.

When you have two crafting professions that need fine crafting materials, like blood & scales, you will run into trouble. My Elementalist is Lvl 80 now and has Artificer & Tailor. My Artificer is stuck at Lvl 118 at the moment, as I ran out of mats, as both need them.

Go to the BLTC trading post and buy Lvl 60 stuff, if you don't have that already. Seriously. I got a complete set for like 8 silver. The higher you get, the more beating you take. I have entered Frostgorge Sound today and I get my leafy butt kicked at the Lvl 70-80 monster level.

And take a look at the heart vendors at lakes and the sea. The re-breather is your weak point when going under water and as far as I can say, your worst piece of armour you are wearing.

PS: I will try to give you a similar table for weapons, when I find the time in the upcoming week.
    Last edited by Gorani; 30-10-2012 at 12:19.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I have added the numbers for Lvl 80 Rare and Exotic armour. Please note that Rare armour can be found from item level 25 upward and you need to have reached level 65 for Exotic stuff.
    Those lower than max (Lvl 80) items have a reduced armour value of course, but are available at a lower level (e.g. my current armour level 111 exotic gloves on my Elementalist do not require Lvl 80).

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I think I would quibble a bit about the placement of a couple of options in the infographic. Valkyrie and Carrion both improve Vitality, which is a defensive attribute, giving up a little offense. These aren't as defensive as some, but I think they are out of the "glass cannon" category. OTOH, I don't see how Explorer's and Traveler's count as high defense, since neither one boosts either Toughness or Vitality. Both are pure glass without the cannon.

Still, it's great to have this information summarized, and the arrangement is less important than the details.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    I think I would quibble a bit about the placement of a couple of options in the infographic. Valkyrie and Carrion both improve Vitality, which is a defensive attribute, giving up a little offense. These aren't as defensive as some, but I think they are out of the "glass cannon" category. OTOH, I don't see how Explorer's and Traveler's count as high defense, since neither one boosts either Toughness or Vitality. Both are pure glass without the cannon.

Still, it's great to have this information summarized, and the arrangement is less important than the details.
    I tried to arrange them differently first, adding another axis to the graphics, but that became very unclear to look at, so I settled with the critical & condition columns and merged the other two to the top to bottom alignment. The pairs you mentioned would be the ones "branching out" to a different axis.