At last, "Skills of Interests" is back. I chose Magnetic Grasps, because it is currently an underpowered & slightly bugged skill, that has great potential, once it is fixed and perhaps slightly buffed.
, Current GW2wiki description (September, 2012) :
Immobilize your foe and pull yourself to them with magnetic force.
Immobilized: 2 s
Combo Finisher: Leap
Traits affecting the skill
Earth Magnetic Grasp 12
Change-log (since February 2012)
- During May 2012 beta tests, the skill did twice as much damage as it is dealing after official release.
- After the December 15th, 2012 update the Leap finisher is now officially included it the skill's potential
- The skill fires a projectile, that must hit for the movement effect to happen. The projectile can be evaded, resulting in a miss.
- Although not mentioned in the skill description Magnetic Grasp acts as a "Leap Finisher", so you can wrap yourself in a Fire Armor when pulling yourself to a foe that is standing in one of your fire fields (Ring of Fire, Burning Speed, Firewall)
- The skill still can bug out, if you hit a small environment object in the pulling path This way you immobilize yourself too.
- With Geomancer's Alacrity, you can reduce the cool down of the skill to 10 seconds.
- This skill has some great potential, but the very little damage it does is not out-weighting the chance that you get directly into the danger zone. If the immobilized is not increased by one second or the Elementalist is rewarded by pulling himself into the danger zone of melee by a boon (pretty much everything except swiftness can make sense - 2 sec of Retaliation perhaps, we still lack access to that), the damage should at least be increased to where it was during the beta in May 2012 to make it an all out useful skill.