At last, "Skills of Interests" is back. I chose Magnetic Grasps, because it is currently an underpowered & slightly bugged skill, that has great potential, once it is fixed and perhaps slightly buffed.
, Current GW2wiki description (September, 2012) :
Immobilize your foe and pull yourself to them with magnetic force.
Immobilized: 2 s
Combo Finisher: Leap
Traits affecting the skill
Earth Magnetic Grasp 12
Change-log (since February 2012)
- During May 2012 beta tests, the skill did twice as much damage as it is dealing after official release.
- After the December 15th, 2012 update the Leap finisher is now officially included it the skill's potential
- The skill fires a projectile, that must hit for the movement effect to happen. The projectile can be evaded, resulting in a miss.
- Although not mentioned in the skill description Magnetic Grasp acts as a "Leap Finisher", so you can wrap yourself in a Fire Armor when pulling yourself to a foe that is standing in one of your fire fields (Ring of Fire, Burning Speed, Firewall)
- The skill still can bug out, if you hit a small environment object in the pulling path This way you immobilize yourself too.
- With Geomancer's Alacrity, you can reduce the cool down of the skill to 10 seconds.
- This skill has some great potential, but the very little damage it does is not out-weighting the chance that you get directly into the danger zone. If the immobilized is not increased by one second or the Elementalist is rewarded by pulling himself into the danger zone of melee by a boon (pretty much everything except swiftness can make sense - 2 sec of Retaliation perhaps, we still lack access to that), the damage should at least be increased to where it was during the beta in May 2012 to make it an all out useful skill.
PC Gaming News
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Thread: Magnetic Grasp
23-09-2012, 10:40 #1
23-09-2012, 19:25 #2
Thanks for the mini-review. I've looked at it before but shied away, and now I guess my gut reaction was right.
Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild
23-09-2012, 19:48 #3
I recently unlocked this skill and so far I'm having a blast using it
23-09-2012, 20:17 #4Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
"Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)
24-09-2012, 15:02 #5
23-10-2012, 19:22 #6October 22nd, 2012: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
Hopefully this means an end of the self-immobilizing-effect. If it is bug free now has to be tested.
PS: Self immobilization still happens.
16-12-2012, 19:44 #7
Magnetic Grasp is now officially a Leap Finisher ... but we already knew that.
29-01-2013, 15:46 #8
D/D Earth skill number 3 (Magnetic grasp) change
So it's now a two part skill, with the first part immobilizing the foe and second (optional) part pulling you to it. This also takes care of the issue with being locked up during the animation. What do you think?
29-01-2013, 15:47 #9
GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
- The Order of Dii [Dii]
29-01-2013, 15:58 #10
The same... except not separated. I haven't played my ele yet, but I'd be curious to see how it plays with my rotation, specially because I liked to use that with a fire skill to gain fire aura. (My ele is an auramancer)