PC Gaming News

Do rune's added stats "Stack"?

My apologies, If this stupid noobish question has been brought up before.

In GW1 they "Stack"... I'm new to GW2 with a nearly Level 50 Guardian. with non level 39 armor atm.

that I can put major runes with. I added Minor runes of Balthazar but the power did not add up. Thus, I raise this query regarding them.

Thank you in advance for reading and shedding light on this query.

Goodluck and good gaming!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Example, Superior Runes have 6 perks your character can gain. For each armor piece you place a superior rune of the same type, you get an additional perk down the line.

Follows the same as item sets in Diablo II, the more of the set (runes) you have, the more perks you get added on.
    Last edited by Смерть; 06-10-2012 at 05:05.

It may help to think of runes like D2 sets. They do something by themselves, and the more you add of that type, the stronger they get.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Referencing Diablo II isn't much help for those who have never played it. How about an example? Suppose you have some Minor Runes of the Elementalist, which give (1) +10 Power, (2) +7 Condition Damage. If you use one, obviously you only get +10 Power. What if you use 2? Do you get +10 Power and +7 Condition Damage or do you get +20/+14? What if you use even more of them? If you use six, do you get +60/+42? Or would you get +10/+7 for each pair, totaling +30/+21? Or are more than two of them just ignored?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Take this rune:

Superior Rune of the Pirate.

(1): +10% Magic Find
    (2): +20% Might Duration
    (3): +15% Magic Find
    (4): 5% chance to shout Yarr and grant Might to nearby allies when hit. (cooldown: 10s)
    (5): +25% Magic Find
    (6): +5% chance to summon a Parrot. (Cooldown: 60s)

Now, if you add 1 rune of this set, you'll get +10% Magic find
    If you add one on a second armour piece, you'll get +10% Magic find and +20% Might Duration
    If you add 5 of these runes (on 5 different armour pieces), you'll get 10+15+25 % Magic Find (for a total of 50%), +20% Might Duration and a 5% chance to shout Yarr and grand might to allies.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    Referencing Diablo II isn't much help for those who have never played it. How about an example? Suppose you have some Minor Runes of the Elementalist, which give (1) +10 Power, (2) +7 Condition Damage. If you use one, obviously you only get +10 Power. What if you use 2? Do you get +10 Power and +7 Condition Damage or do you get +20/+14? What if you use even more of them? If you use six, do you get +60/+42? Or would you get +10/+7 for each pair, totaling +30/+21? Or are more than two of them just ignored?
    More than two are ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Take this rune:

Superior Rune of the Pirate.

(1): +10% Magic Find
    (2): +20% Might Duration
    (3): +15% Magic Find
    (4): 5% chance to shout Yarr and grant Might to nearby allies when hit. (cooldown: 10s)
    (5): +25% Magic Find
    (6): +5% chance to summon a Parrot. (Cooldown: 60s)

Now, if you add 1 rune of this set, you'll get +10% Magic find
    If you add one on a second armour piece, you'll get +10% Magic find and +20% Might Duration
    If you add 5 of these runes (on 5 different armour pieces), you'll get 10+15+25 % Magic Find (for a total of 50%), +20% Might Duration and a 5% chance to shout Yarr and grand might to allies.
    Thank you!!
    Extremely helpful!