Thread: Lightning Flash

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]

Lightning Flash

Skills of Interest are back with a utility skill again. I picked a skill of "light and shadow" in my opinion: Lightning Flash.

Lightning Flash
    , Current GW2wiki description (October, 2012) :

Teleport to target area.

Radius: 120 Range: 900

Slot
    Type
    Icon
    Skill
    Traits affecting the skill
    Utility Cantrip
    Lightning Flash 40
    • Spell Slinger grants you 3 stacks of might whenever you use this (Cantrip) skill.
    • Cantrip Master causes this skill to recharge 20% faster (36 sec).
    • Soothing Disruption grants you vigor and regeneration whenever you use this (Cantrip) skill.

Change-log (since February 2012)

• Gained the ability to break stun during the May 2012 beta event, together with a few other skills.
    • Was added to the Tier 3 skills, when those were introduced, making it hard to get in early levels.
    • Got its recharge reduced from 60 to 45 seconds just before the official release.
    • June 25th 2013 update made the skill lose its stun breaker ability, but increased the damage & reduced the recharge to 40 seconds.

Skill assessment

• This skill has no activation time and can be cast in the middle of another skill without interrupting it. This ability can be used to e.g. start charging Churning Earth and teleporting to the enemy just before the channel ends.
    • Sometimes the teleport doesn’t go off. You see the lightning strike at the targeted location, but your character isn’t moved there. Most of the time this occurs when the area you are targeting is higher or lower (not view blocked or a jump). The character “jumps” forward sometimes, as if it is trying to move to that location, but it appears that the location is “blocked”. The skill still goes onto its full cool down.
    • Unlike teleport/shadow step skills of other professions (e.g. Infiltrator's Arrow, Jump Short), this skill can not be used to jump over gaps, making it unusable for most jumping puzzles.
    • Works well with other Cantrips and the three Cantrip specific traits, allowing the Elementalist to build up boons.
    Last edited by Gorani; 30-06-2013 at 13:25.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

GWOnline Content Team
    Elemental Attunement
    Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I love Lightning Flash purely cause I run a cantrip build but if you are bringing daggers I highly reccomend it. The ability to teleport out of the way is really helpful for the close range style of daggers and honestly is amazingly helping with churning earth incase enemies jump out if it's range. It is unfortunate it isn't helpful in jumping puzzles like other professions abilities though it is still a really solid skill and great if you are bringing a cantrip build.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    June 25th 2013 update made the skill lose its stun breaker ability, but increased the damage & reduced the recharge to 40 seconds.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."