Skills of Interest are back with a utility skill again. I picked a skill of "light and shadow" in my opinion: Lightning Flash.
Traits affecting the skill
Utility Cantrip Lightning Flash 40
Change-log (since February 2012)
- Gained the ability to break stun during the May 2012 beta event, together with a few other skills.
- Was added to the Tier 3 skills, when those were introduced, making it hard to get in early levels.
- Got its recharge reduced from 60 to 45 seconds just before the official release.
- June 25th 2013 update made the skill lose its stun breaker ability, but increased the damage & reduced the recharge to 40 seconds.
- This skill has no activation time and can be cast in the middle of another skill without interrupting it. This ability can be used to e.g. start charging Churning Earth and teleporting to the enemy just before the channel ends.
- Sometimes the teleport doesn’t go off. You see the lightning strike at the targeted location, but your character isn’t moved there. Most of the time this occurs when the area you are targeting is higher or lower (not view blocked or a jump). The character “jumps” forward sometimes, as if it is trying to move to that location, but it appears that the location is “blocked”. The skill still goes onto its full cool down.
- Unlike teleport/shadow step skills of other professions (e.g. Infiltrator's Arrow, Jump Short), this skill can not be used to jump over gaps, making it unusable for most jumping puzzles.
- Works well with other Cantrips and the three Cantrip specific traits, allowing the Elementalist to build up boons.