GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Not like the jumping puzzles are manditory for anything (well, most of them aren't anyway, and then some vistas are jumping puzzles but fairly easy ones). I love them, but I like that you can skip them if you want.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I have a very completion-ist attitude towards games, so I am compelled to do them.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Then perhaps you need to relax your completionist attitude.

Lots of people love the jumping puzzles, so removing them because some don't like them is not a good idea. They should imo make sure that you are not forced to do any, and imo they've done a pretty good job at it.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by sauvignon View Post
    I have a very completion-ist attitude towards games, so I am compelled to do them.
    /agree
    And I don't care how long it takes, the blasted jumping will get completed. Well, I do care and that's another problem - the longer it takes because of failure after failure, the more PO'd I get which then makes the jumping get rushed and careless.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Domitilde View Post
    /agree
    And I don't care how long it takes, the blasted jumping will get completed. Well, I do care and that's another problem - the longer it takes because of failure after failure, the more PO'd I get which then makes the jumping get rushed and careless.
    We could be gaming-attitude twins :P *highfive*

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    I love the existence of jumping puzzles, but have not yet gotten around to doing most of them. The only bad thing I think is that the end reward is not level-appropriate but based on area (afaik? could mis-remember though) so the more I outlevel them, the less inclined I am going back and do them.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

From my experience, It seems the rewards are actually based on your character's effective level. Meaning if you're downscaled to 40, you'll get rewards appropriate for level 40 characters. But doing jumping puzzles in an area with no downscaling, like Lion's Arch, you'll get stuff appropriate for your current level.

Which makes Lion's Arch jumping puzzles good time-wasters when you're bored. Southsun's cove JPs are also easy to access lvl 80 puzzles.

Edit: Not sure if it works with upscaling though. I didn't try going to Southsun cove with a low-level character during the event weekend. I'll have to remember to try that next time they add a jumping puzzle in an area that upscales you.
    Last edited by The King of Dust; 25-11-2012 at 14:29.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    I am hoping for some more elaborate puzzles akin to the Mad Clock Tower. If ANet really wants to efficiently use map space for extensive puzzles, they just need to shrink one with a tonic to mini size, and viola.

Others have mentioned, but I too would like to see a gigantic Wintersday tree jumping puzzle. Or perhaps have Indiana Jones style puzzle where you have to balance on a traveling cart and jump over "knock-off" beams that appear, etc.

My jumping puzzle wish is to eventually see a jumping puzzle that follows up high, around the the whole inside of Divinity Reach's outer wall.
    Last edited by Смерть; 25-11-2012 at 23:42.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    That. would. be. so. cool.

(Also! I did not mean to troll you that time! I legitimately like your post! I swear.)

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    OK, I'll admit it ... the vista jumps have gotten easier. This is likely a "practice-makes-perfect" scenario ... as someone who is deeply inclined to play many different charries regularly ("Hello. My name is Sam and I'm a GW Altaholic.") and an obsessed map completionist ("Need more little shaking chests now!"), I've been forced to repeat most of the vistas which caused me surges of "get-me-something-to-hit-which-is-not-my-keyboard!" frustration adrenaline.

I still don't think that they should have become such a core requirement for map completion. I agree that the different classes are not treated equally ... and different races improve/ruin the camera. (Sometimes it is good to be a tiny Asura.) This seems essentially unfair and poor design to me. There should be a game mechanic that normalizes things ... something you can hold in your hand, for example, that gives you a vista charrie size and skill bar.

On principle, I refuse to even uncork an actual jumping puzzle. I'm keeping it to vistas tyvm. If my OCD completionism gets a hold of that particular game aspect, I am likely to be looking for the "uninstall gw2" button at some point ...