PC Gaming News
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I did the Wall Blitz (Diessa Lowlands I think?) a few days ago with my Charr (as it is the only one that has a vista at its very end) and I you don't have to fight a lot if you dash past some foes. You have to know which to fight and which to run past though.
    I am still not a big fan of some of the puzzles. I like those you can do in "stages", which forgive falling down and don't make you start all over again. Still hate those with camera issues and tight spaces. I do almost all of them with the Sylvari and the Charr is just too clumsy to navigate.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I enjoy figuring out the path. Not likely I'll have the option since there might be a line of players showing the way.

I'll wait and see how it's done for this event...

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Tomorrow it all begins!

I am happy the jumping puzzle comes with the first day of Wintersday instead of later as with Halloween.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I do not want to admit how many times I tried and failed at the Wintersday JP.

Eventually I succeeded, because it wasn't really difficult, but the timing factor on it was annoying. In the end I felt like I was literally flying through the snowflake platforms. And that I had memorized pretty much all 3 paths.

Also, random exploding gifts got me several times.

And then, I screwed up the final approach to the giant giftbox in the sky at least 3 times.

But in the end, the tribe of gingerbread men bowed before me. Oh yes they did.

Jumping puzzles. I love them.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    So I got 17 done this month so far... and I think a couple extra I did previously. So far, they're quite fun. Most of them forgiving, but confusing. Camera for a charr though is often terrible. I love the outdoors ones for that, they tend to have better camera work.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Try using a tonic to shrink you. If you don't have any I put some of the ones I got while getting the endless tonic in guild bank.

I reran troll's and using a tonic helped a bit.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Stormbluff Isle [SBI]
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii] & Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Oh, I did the Wintersday JP at least a hundred times before I succeeded. The first time I got to the last gifts, I died (HP reached 0). Then it took me quite a few tries to go back to the end and get it. I die due to stupidity (i.e. a giant snowball away from the last cluster of gifts, I jumped the wrong way). I died due to poor timing. I died due to miscalculating jumps.

Then I got it and I did it for my husband (he did the Mad clock tower for me, so turnabout was fair play). It took me 30 minutes to get it Monday morning. And then an hour to round up both our accounts to 12 wintersday achievements through Bell Choir.
    IGNs: Flower Lyssa (Me and GWAMM), Blue Lily (R), Bebe Nathan (Rt)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Oh wow, thanks for the tonic idea.

When shrunk, you can still use all your skills without growing back to normal size?
    == Alaris & clone ==

You won't need your skills... but no, you can't use skills while in costume. Also, note that not all costumes can jump.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Awww, I thought shrinking didn't count as a costume... like the shrink potion on engineer...
    == Alaris & clone ==