GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I regularly use bounce weapons (mesmer staff). If you're careful, it's all fine. If you play it well, it allows you to take out multiple enemies at a time, which is a great boon.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    It isn't just bouncing. Any skill with a spread pattern, like axe or shortbow #2, has a chance of picking up extra aggro behind or off to the side of your target(s). For that matter, any AoE skill can aggro anything in the blast radius. So being aware of all potential aggro in range is just something that all professions need to learn to deal with.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Well, it's easier to know what you'll hit with AoE or spread weapons, because bounce is unpredictable.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Xycury View Post
    Target nearest is just in visible range. If you stare at the map, you can see a faint glow of a cone coming from you. That's your visible cone that Target nearest works off of.
    I think you're right.
    If the cone I see is the same my character views the world with, then he's blind (and deaf and immune to pain) from his immediate surroundings that aren't inside that 5 degree arc or whatever it is at the beginning...
    I had this phenomenon again, this time I was more careful to observe - the NPC standing next to me was to my front right - perhaps 160 (starting from left as 0)?
    Certainly a position where you (the player) would still notice movement, even if you're not immediately aware of what it is.
    (At which point you'd move your eyes for a quick glance - something that cannot be reasonably reproduced through a clumsy interface as mouse and keyboard are. Generally speaking, not just in this game.)

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Ehmry Bay
    Guild

[Loot]
    Regarding camera control, there are many options using (free)third-party programs to bind right mouse button as a toggle, which combined with increasing the camera rotation speed in options, will allow you to more easily control the camera without the ridiculous (and arguably potentially physically harmful) requirement of constantly holding down a button.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Party-Programs