PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)

"Invulnerability" bug in quest "Striking Off the Chain".

Talking about this quest in Nonmoa Lake:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Striking_Off_the_Chains

While doing this quest, the monsters will go randomly "Invulnerability" and regen all the health. This happened many times as I was ascending the poles. I guess the height differences in some areas are too great, resulting in this. I had to run away to "reset" the mobs.

After the quest I tried to ascend the poles for the vista. Same thing. So this looks like either a map bug or a height-differences bug. (Sometimes when you try to hit a mob from way up top, the game make the mob go "Invulnerable" to prevent abuse. e.g. c+1 spam at some location all day=free experience.)
    Last edited by CHIPS; 02-11-2012 at 06:55.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Its a hight differences problem in general. What makes it especially annoying is that those invulnerable foes don't always break aggro but stay around and even attack back while invulnerable. Happens a lot in under water combat too.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)
    I agree with you Gorani. But I understand the reason behind the invulnerability: prevent abuse in certain locations.

Maybe it is better to change the AI instead of this "invulnerability". The example:

If
    1) Fight started for over 10 seconds.
    2) Mob failed to attack even once (doesn't even have to hit, just have to at least swing his sword.)
    3) Mob failed to cast any skills that damaged the player

Then run away.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Invulnerability should be removed by (1) using a melee attack on foe, or (2) being in range of a ranged foe.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I had a ton of problems with invulnerability tonight in Mt. Maelstrom. I went in to stealth on a skill challenge to backstab and the guy went invulnerable. On the 2nd attempt I fell in to the water and he reset to full health without even regen.

On the krait platform I fell in to the water repeatedly and got stuck underneath it, they went invulnerable each time.

Later I was doing the skill challenge against the slow attacking largos. He was attacking so slowing that I blocked every single attack and he went invulnerable. On the second attempt I went in to haste and used my evasive skill twice quickly in a row and he went invulnerable.

Too bad Anet doesn't read these forums anymore. I was not a happy camper.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    I went in to stealth on a skill challenge to backstab and the guy went invulnerable.
    That seems to happen at a lot of skill challenge guys. I reported that several times at three to four different skill challenges last week.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I have been on a thief playing rampage lately and this invulnerability is really pissing me off. Thieves revolve around not getting hit; blocking, blinding, evading, dodging and going invisible. Every single one of those resets the enemy. It's obnoxious. I'd estimate 5% of my fights go to invulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaomingzc View Post
    Magnus and Carlsen (my two packed toy bears) viewed with me.
    These bots are really getting creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
    I agree with you Gorani. But I understand the reason behind the invulnerability: prevent abuse in certain locations.

Maybe it is better to change the AI instead of this "invulnerability". The example:

If
    1) Fight started for over 10 seconds.
    2) Mob failed to attack even once (doesn't even have to hit, just have to at least swing his sword.)
    3) Mob failed to cast any skills that damaged the player

Then run away.
    I don't think mobs should ever go invulnerable, when the player is in combat with that foe. If I play a ranger, and find a spot where I can shoot an enemy, but he can't reach me, good for me. Why should I be punished for using a ranged weapon the way it is intended? I don't think anyone should care whether one common foe is stuck somewhere, and gets killed without landing a hit. Why would that be an issue? And if it happens to a boss, well that is an entirely different matter. But they can give bosses different rules.

I also don't think any enemy should regenerate health when he's still in combat. Some of the champions in Cursed Shore are easily pulled out of their patrol zones, where they instantly run back to their spawn point and regenerate to full health. The running back is fine, but the regeneration is not. Some of these champions have a bazillion health, and those patrol zones are invisible to us players. The game should not undo all our hard work just because an enemy overextends across invisible zones.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    same thing happens with the vet hogs in queensdale, they only have a reach of 5 meters before running back.
    i would not mind that much if the hogs don't attack again, they are pretty much cheating in order to take down a player.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054