GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Indeed Nem, except I would rather have new dungeons based on the same concept, instead of adding new fractals to this one. This way I don't have to go through a lot of old fractals to play the new ones.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    It isn't clear to me whether the dungeon remembers your level permanently or just until you leave. If I go in with a group, we do a few rounds, leave, and then come back the next day, does the group pick up at the difficulty level where we left off, or does it begin all over at starter difficulty?

As you do more rounds, your chances of getting one or more fractals you've already seen increase, requiring yet another round to give you a chance to see a new one. If the dungeon remembers, then it could be difficult to see all the fractals without reaching hardcore difficulty. If you don't feel up to hardcore difficulty, you'd have to go looking for a new group to join that contains at least one newbie to the dungeon.

Hmmm. That might turn out to be a Good Thing.
    It'd be nice if it asked you at which difficulty level you want to start, limiting it to the highest difficulty attained by all party members. For example, if 4 members made it to difficulty 3, and 1 member made it to difficulty 2, upon entering the dungeon the game asks if you want to start at difficulty level 1 or 2.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by The King of Dust View Post
    It'd be nice if it asked you at which difficulty level you want to start, limiting it to the highest difficulty attained by all party members. For example, if 4 members made it to difficulty 3, and 1 member made it to difficulty 2, upon entering the dungeon the game asks if you want to start at difficulty level 1 or 2.
    lets wait, how they solved this. Can't be easy to find a system that covers all cases, eg a few experienced guys take a first-timer guildie along.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i kinda see the upscale to be a bad thing, if i already got problems with difficulty 1 do you really think i will enjoy an even higher difficulty?
    maybe if it's something i can choose then yes but please Anet, please don't make this an auto scale thing.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    It's only for this weekend and only for this area. If you don't want to be upscaled, don't go there. Simple as that. Of course, you'll be missing on the weekend events in that case, so why wouldn't you go there. With so many people bound to be there anyway, they'll pick up any slack your leaving around.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    I like the upscaling.
    If it works, I can take the guys along, who got my trial keys.
    i just wonder what consequences it will have on servers, to run trial and event same time.
    Last edited by Ora; 15-11-2012 at 18:09.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by The King of Dust View Post
    Yes, it does. There's even a pic of that in the new article.
    http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/...QkeP4Po.reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Ora View Post
    lets wait, how they solved this. Can't be easy to find a system that covers all cases, eg a few experienced guys take a first-timer guildie along.
    Simple, give players a choice. As they've done.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    It's only for this weekend and only for this area. If you don't want to be upscaled, don't go there. Simple as that. Of course, you'll be missing on the weekend events in that case, so why wouldn't you go there. With so many people bound to be there anyway, they'll pick up any slack your leaving around.
    so in short, they didn't learn from their mistakes.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    so in short, they didn't learn from their mistakes.
    Oh, you were talking about about the dungeon? You can choose the difficulty when entering, the maximum difficulty being the lowest max in the party. So each time you enter it from LA, you can go in difficulty 1 if you want.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by RealMehtis View Post
    Based on my reading of the link CEMPTb posted:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...-mist-dungeon/

Unlike the other dungeons, your party can be any level. We’ve employed World vs. World-style sidekicking to make this dungeon accessible to all players. But keep in mind, our aim was to challenge level 80 players. Going in at low levels is not for the faint of heart!

I think this is a permanent feature, which is kind of neat. Especially for people who plan to bring up a few alts.

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    i kinda see the upscale to be a bad thing, if i already got problems with difficulty 1 do you really think i will enjoy an even higher difficulty?
    maybe if it's something i can choose then yes but please Anet, please don't make this an auto scale thing.
    This is going to be a lvl 80 dungeon. At least auto scaling up here (which, actually, was something they had originally said was going to be in all of PVE, so maybe there's something Jam can be happy about ;-) ) allows everyone a chance to play while still allowing Anet to make a dungeon aimed at people wanting more challenging things to do at lvl 80.

If it's too hard for you (and I mean that as a general you, not specifically you, sorudo) whether upscaled or not then there is plenty of other content in the game now and I'm sure more to come in the future. Not all content in the game is going to appeal or even be doable by everyone who plays as the developers are trying to satisfy multiple demographics.

----------------

Getting back to the gear grind stuff, I've thought about it some more and it occurs to me that, as I mentioned in my first post on this topic, it had always been their intent to introduce higher levels and thus more powerful armor and weapons to the game, but that it was originally intended to be done with expansions. Unlike Factions and Nightfall, the new powers would come from that and not necessarily new skills (since too many skills is part of why they decided to make GW2 in the first place). The key here, as others have mentioned in this thread already, is that we don't really see the current implementation of level and gear acquisition as grind because you can pretty much get everything you need to succeed at PVE by simply playing PVE the way you want to. And that's how they are implementing the new Ascended armor (early parts of the dungeon won't require it and success in there will reward you with the new armor) and will probably be how future upgrades will work too. And with the downscaling system, it doesn't matter how high levels go as the old content will still remain relevant.

Looked at from that perspective, this isn't gear grind, it's the new expansion model, which is to say, more of what we already have with GW2 but new areas to play in and new gear mechanics to learn. It remains to be seen, of course, whether it actually continues to feel (required) grind free as GW2 has so far, but I don't think they've actually said anything (in context of the above) that breaks the promise they made about no mandatory gear grind. And I'm finally feeling a bit better about them increasing levels in expansions now.