Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

20k Damage Spiker build (S/D)

Hi all,

So today WP did a build video in which he showed a build that can pretty much one-shoot everything in Orr with a scepter and dagger. I don't know if this belongs in a different thread or not, so feel free to merge it in. I tried to find the videos thread, but it was closed due to too many videos heh.

Anyhow, I found it interesting

Last edited by Gorani; 04-11-2012 at 19:28.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Looks very nice, just not for me (and perhaps just me), because some things I have noticed:

>> He has all Exotic gear and Superior Runes, which helps a lot to contribute to his over all abilities. That is something I (and probably many other players right now) just not have, which means that your damage is lower (I'd say around 15-25% just from using masterwork stuff & major runes) and your defence is significantly lower (he has Toughness below 1.1k e.g., which lets you take a lot of damage if you can't outweigh it with exotic armour)
    >> The Churning Earth spike is enormous, but relies on Lightning Flash, which needs 45 seconds to recharge. Once you fumbled with that, your big spike is gone. I am not good at pushing so many buttons within a second. I would mess up spikes quite a lot I guess.
    >> The video was taken in a low density portion of Cursed Shore. The chance to sneak upon a single enemy that way is far lower in other areas. You will face multiple foes more often (as well as re-spawns within seconds).
    >> As he explained, Arcane Power uses up its "critical charges" on damage pulses. If you have to "collect" more foes to hit more than one target, you will most likely trigger that effect.

My verdict:
    It's definitely great for the top geared people, who are very quick at executing buttons on the keyboard/mouse.
    People with slower reflexes will lose some effectiveness due to the potential to not executing the combo at its optimum. The survivability with this build isn't great despite high Vitality & healing power through Valkyrie armour & Water Magic points, as he uses no defensive traits or skills. Once something hits you, it will hit hard.
    Last edited by Gorani; 04-11-2012 at 21:49.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Yeah, I'm not sure how well I'd be able to execute it but I'm very curious to try. It is very clearly a glass cannon build and really clever too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    I'd rather see him running thru various places with that instead of talking 20 mins.
    Btw: lvl 80 guy with a 28 slot inventory, all filled up. (check 4:04 in the vid) and not even a salvage kit. ?
    Certainly doesn't look like your routine player on his everyday visit in Orr.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Lol Ora, do you have any idea who WoodenPotatoes is? He probably plays more than it is healthy. His inventory and stuff in it is not relevant to anything about the build. He talks for 20 minutes about why and how the build works, not to demonstrate it all over the world. That is more or less useless if you don't understand the inner workings of the build.

Also, he says he went to that zone in particular because foes are a little spread apart, so he could talk about it and also because it is a spike build. He never claimed it to be the best build ever for everything. He himself criticizes it for lack of sturdiness. If you don't see the value in people explaining the train of thought, then you're not really interested in whatever they're talking about.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    Lol Ora, do you have any idea who WoodenPotatoes is?
    Do I have to worship him ?
    Not for a video that shows extreme dmg can be done if one is crazy enough to buy an extra set of gear just to kill 2 mobs outside a tp....

Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    So today WP did a build video in which he showed a build that can pretty much one-shoot everything in Orr
    Nope. "Everything in Orr" mostly comes with a few mean buddies....
    Last edited by Ora; 05-11-2012 at 13:59.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    lol look out, we know how ora acts around people who are more well-known than he is. No wonder he's defensive about WP's vids.

Although personally I'm far more interested in this inventory/dps correlation. Taters could have hit 30k, if only he'd had an empty inventory.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    This is about the build shown here and not meant to serve as a battleground for personal feuds or a display of bad table manners. Behave!

Gorani
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."