Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sword + Dodging

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Hmmm... I just rolled onto my ranger with a greatsword, not sure if the issue is present with the 2h sword... I can't say that I noticed anything in particular. Trying this also made me notice that I just don't ever sit still... I found it really hard to just let my ranger auto-attack without moving, and then try to dodge. I'm always running around and circle straffing I guess, to the point where I just don't notice that kind of thing? O__o

I'll be back once I acquire a one-hand sword!
    Last edited by Raye; 05-11-2012 at 15:44.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    That's part of the problem: Every class trains you to not stop moving. Then you equip a one-hand sword and you CAN'T move.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

After acquiring the one-hand sword:
    I know exactly what you mean now, it definitely seems like it is a bug. Particularly because I can interrupt the greatsword skill/animation with the dodge-roll at any point just fine, but the one-hand sword skills seem to ignore dodge commands if the skill is in mid execution. It's... cute.

Edit a few minutes later:
    Yeah, this is pretty enraging. Enough for me to not want to use the one-hand sword. I can't circle strafe at all while auto-attacking, it just doesn't happen. It appears to port me back to where I was a few milliseconds ago. I mean, even without the dodge issue, it seems to disable all movement commands when the skills start executing. Pure rage! /goes back to shortbowing things to death

It is a bug. You cannot pull yourself away to do a dodge or anything else and feel pretty much glued to target. I just swap weapons and dodge away.

But I do love the 1 handed ranger sword playstyle, I tend to use a torch offhand rather than dagger.

I seriously doubt it's a bug, but it's something they might address if everyone hates it. Which I figure they do.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

RISE MY UNDEAD MINION

Just saw this on reddit, it's just a guy explaining the 1h sword

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Hm... Turning off auto-attack may help, but seems a bit limiting.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I think his point is that it is difficult to master, and you can't auto do anything that is difficult to master... because that's contradictory by definition.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    It's just annoying because literally no other profession, no other weapon, has a similar mechanic.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

It can be pretty annoying... I was in a storyline mission (can't remember the name, but it's the one where you're on an elevated area with some shrines) and in a fight I used the leap back attack and flung myself backwards off the ledge, killing myself... Didn't seem like any viable way for the other person in the mission with me to get to me and rez me, so I sat there quite awhile till they finally died...