Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)

Engineers and pistols

Right, here's my dilemma. I don't care for all the super oversized weapons that are running rampant in GW2. What I'm looking for is a pistol skin that I can use for my engineer that's small! Anyone have any suggestions? I've looked around at some of the galleries online but, they're all pretty weak for content or they're listing all kinds of names for stuff that isn't really telling me what the skin name is. I haven't looked at the PvP locker yet. Going to do that soon. Then I'll have the fun game of trying to find out if I can get the thing in a PvE skin. Something under lvl 80 so I can use a normal transmutation stone is pretty much the only way I want to go since it's a pretty low level char.

edit: found the krytan skin in the locker so.... nvm I guess.
    Last edited by Giggles; 10-11-2012 at 18:51.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Lol I was about to suggest the krytan skin... that's my current favorite.

There might be typos.

Achievements:
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

I have that for the rifle in that skin and I quite like it. I have some pistols sitting in the TP waiting for me to pick up sometime. Now, if there was only a great sword (other then the starter skin) that wasn't Cloud sword size. My gawd they are ridiculous looking.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I don't know... I love tiny women with gigantic swords... >____> I love how they look like they're too heavy for them. Its one of my favorite things in the game.

There might be typos.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I have that for the rifle in that skin and I quite like it. I have some pistols sitting in the TP waiting for me to pick up sometime. Now, if there was only a great sword (other then the starter skin) that wasn't Cloud sword size. My gawd they are ridiculous looking.
    Seraph/Ebonhawke swords look nice. Otherwise Fellblade, maybe Visions of the Mists if you got the Ecto/Ori. Aureate Highlander is decent too.
    The skin Dawn uses is nice too.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I've looked around at some of the galleries online but, they're all pretty weak for content or they're listing all kinds of names for stuff that isn't really telling me what the skin name is.
    Something is screwed up with the naming system, I think, because the prefix seems to become welded onto the skin name. I've noticed this with transmutations, where the prefix is carried along regardless of the stats of the item being re-skinned. So my level-80 Valkyrie armor got renamed to Ravaging when I put a lower-level crafted skin on it, though it still has Valkyrie stats. Same thing happened when I bought a bunch of cheap Glyphic weapons from the TP for my level-80 Berserker weapons. I bought whatever was the cheapest at the time, so now all my weapons have random prefixes, but still have the original stats.

Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye Lestrange View Post
    I don't know... I love tiny women with gigantic swords... >____> I love how they look like they're too heavy for them. Its one of my favorite things in the game.

There might be typos.
    Sounds like sword envy.

I created my first engineer last night and was saddened that I didn't get 5 skills when carrying two pistols. My ele with two daggers gets 5. But the pistol my engineer carries looks more like a sawed-off shotgun than a pistol.

Veritas Invictus ~ The TRUE Guild

Achievements:
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

I agree BrettM, the names for weapons/armour does look to be inconsistent. I'm sure there is a method behind it but, it does seem confusing at times. It doesn't really help having PvP gear having a different name then PvE gear. So if you see something from one side that you like, it's hard to find the right name for it in the other.

About oversized gear. I liked how GW1 had a bit of both. If you liked having things super huge, you could have your fill. If you liked things being more realistic, no problem either. Now, it's really hard finding anything that's not anime huge. I like my fantasy to be somewhat grounded on reality, otherwise I just can't take it seriously. It gets too over the top too often now. Are you going to go down the "how big can my shoulder pads get" from WoW in GW?

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I actually think it's a lot easier to find normal looking gear now. But then again I like the starter appearance for many things (greatswords, pistols, swords, several armors, etc). So maybe I think it's easier simply because those skins are more common. I do also like almost all of the Krytan skins for weapons.

My engineer is currently using a Krytan pistol and a shield, and I do like its appearance. However I've recently (within the last few hours) found the joy of playing with the elixir gun. For some reason I got it into my head that the elixir gun was just for healing, so didn't use it -- but it's better at doing damage than my pistol was. So really the way the pistol looks is kind of pointless now, except in town.

I do wish we could transmute kits to look like something else. The elixir gun is fun, but huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Domitilde View Post
    Sounds like sword envy.

I created my first engineer last night and was saddened that I didn't get 5 skills when carrying two pistols. My ele with two daggers gets 5. But the pistol my engineer carries looks more like a sawed-off shotgun than a pistol.
    you get 5 skills when dual wielding on engineer; 4 is a flamethrower and 5 is an AoE immobilize/cripple.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2