PC Gaming News

Guild Wars 2, how important is the CPU?

Hello, Im currently planning on buying Guild Wars 2, but Im afraid that my CPU might not be enough to play the game at a high framerate

My system is as follows

Radeon HD 6870
    AMD X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 7

Is the CPU too much of a bottleneck, and if not, what settings do you recon ill be able to play on with a 40+ framerate - also, will this change heavy in pvp?

Much appreciated

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Dii/BPA
    lol troll account. Previous post:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...t=#post5818281

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Yeah, that's interesting. First they complain about the lack of open world PvP and then start talking about refunds and now they want to buy the game?

Uh, that does not match up logically.

To at least answer the question, it'll be hard to get 40s when set to medium. Only two cores, low memory... video card is fine, would depend on resolution and memory. A good portion of the game churns on the processor too.

I would guess if you set it to a low resolution, it should run fine on medium, but big chunks of action may drag your FPS down.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    My 6 core cpu is only working at about 30% load when playing. That's with vsync though. No idea what'll happen if I turn it off. It might catch fire and take down the house for all I know.

And yes, I believe it's spam as well.