Okay, so I have all the caster professions in my stable of characters, but never got around to playing necro until recently due to copious amounts of prodding from several people.. for some strange reason.
But yeah. They're pretty good.
I mean... they're not remotely awesome as thieves are - but really, what class is?
They are, however, better than eles. Let's look at the facts.
- Necros have a reduced falling damage trait. When you land, you create a well of poison. Eles? Nothing of the sort.
- Necros have a skill which gives you swiftness, turns you green, and leaves an ethereal trail behind you.
- Characters don't scream when they cast necro skills, unlike every single cast of Stone Shards ever (earth scepter 1).
- Necros use axes, which means you can use that badass Stygian Reaver skin from HoM.
- You can weapon swap. If you get bored of staff while in combat, haul out the daggers.
- Death Shroud gives a necro two health bars. An ele has one!
- Necros have way more summons, which Alaris has a thing for. That must make them good.
- Necros use axes!!
- So much condition control. Nom your conditions for extra healing, even!
- Lich Form vs Tornado, Lich Form wins.
- Your meteor storm is bad and you should feel bad.
- Necros are less popular than those mainstream eles, so if you're an emogoth hipster then they're right up your alley.