PC Gaming News
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute

Seeking a jumping solution

This isn't one of the official jumping puzzles or a vista, but a simple ore node that I can't figure out a way to reach.

In Tanglerot Hills (Fields of Ruin) there is a cliff with two ore nodes on different ledges. One is iron and the other is gold. I figured out how to reach the lower ledge with the iron node, but I just can't figure out how to get at the gold node on the higher ledge. I don't see any way up from the iron ledge or any separate path that will get me there, such as getting on top of the cliff and jumping down to it.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but I give up. Does anyone have the solution to this?

It may be unreachable.

I have seen ore's spawn on nearly flat walls, no way to get to it. I've seen ore on the UPMOST upper platuea which kinda sounds like yours, and that was unreachable....

The ore is randomized a bit, which is good... but things like above will happen.

I want that Gold too!

Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

Given that there are jumps to be worked out to get to the iron ledge and given that the gold ledge is tantalizingly nearby once you get up there but a bit too far and high to reach, I'm pretty certain this one is intended to be a puzzle.

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    i am a master in getting to places i should not go to but sadly i have not bin there yet, i do have to ask, what profession are you using?
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

It was my ranger who discovered the place. My ele will get there eventually. What difference does it make, though? Does profession somehow affect ones jumping ability? I hadn't noticed any difference between the two so far. (I only have the two right now. Eventually I'll add a guardian and an engineer, but not for a while.)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Most (all?) professions have skills that help them jump around. Sometimes those skills can help you get places.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Eles can RtL up there. But you have to have a good aim.

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    the only "jump" necro's have is the flesh wurm but that is a 1/2 chance, at times it just doesn't work at all so you're teleported to the first ledge.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    the only "jump" necro's have is the flesh wurm but that is a 1/2 chance, at times it just doesn't work at all so you're teleported to the first ledge.
    I suppose in some cases the experimental telportation gun might be a solution. But that only works if you can get on a high enough ledge, and it only has a limited range.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points6 months registered

I'm glad I came across this thread. I don't know why but it never crossed my mind to use skills to get to otherwise unreachable areas. The launch-type skills I can definitely see being very useful for this. Thanks for that idea guys!