PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    To be honest both this and that are pretty much useless. Just listing stuff you can figure it in your first run doesn't make a good guide.
    My goal is now fill this with basic stuff and refine when it gets harder. Or just scrap whole thing if it doesn't work.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    To add to the guide:

Grawl:
    At the "normal Shaman", throw the rocks from the sides, when he is standing on the big skull. Otherwise the throw will be obstructed.
    At the "jumping puzzle part", always jump. Sounds simple, but some spots look, like you can just drop down, which wasn't the case. You slipped though the gaps.
    At the "Flame Shaman", keep some distance. It is easier if you keep range.

Floating Island:
    Kitten Golems: In the end, they will start activating one after the other (each new one after the previous one has been killed). Once you are done with all four, they will reactivate at the same time. Call targets and take them down one after the other.

Under water Dolphin map:
    Swim together. There are too many Krait to distract them alone.
    Last edited by Gorani; 17-11-2012 at 23:06.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Uncategorized Fractal:

Keep that fan turning at all times. Make sure that all power unites are powered, even if you have to designate a person to do it.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I've done the underwater one a couple of times now, and there's never been a dolphin bit. Was always confused when people talked about dolphins. It's either an optional instance or just added in randomly, not really too sure. But deffo no dolphins when I've done it! O_o
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Keep the info coming, I will try to keep topic updated when I have time!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I think some fractals are useful to use those Slayer Potions you can craft as an Artificer, like Svanir, Grawls & Dredge potions.

Doing the Snowblind one with having Water attunement on as an Elementalist helped a lot against the cold environment effect. (or other effects that grant you a continuous regeneration effect)
    Last edited by Gorani; 19-11-2012 at 20:59.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I've done the underwater one a couple of times now, and there's never been a dolphin bit. Was always confused when people talked about dolphins. It's either an optional instance or just added in randomly, not really too sure. But deffo no dolphins when I've done it! O_o
    There are different "paths" to each one. I guess. I've done the dredge/ice ele and the ascalon fractals, and it's been different each time.

Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    The first time I got underwater one, it had nothing to do with dolphins. It had to do with a dark poisonous piranha cloud and sticking to luminous aquatic plants (and naked people and high repair costs). The trick to that one was to 1) get naked to avoid repair bill, 2) stay near geysers or hold onto luminous plants to peel piranhas off, and 3) if you're not going to make it, try to die close to geyser or luminous plant to facilitate rezzing. I think sticking close to someone holding onto luminous plant may have kept you safe, but I can't confirm.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade[EU]
    Guild

Lore School[GWen]
    Never seen dolphins underwater, just piranha and dark waters. It was hard an annoying teh first time. I had 2 broken pieces when we reached the boss. But 2nd time I did it no death at all in the dark water. You just need to grab lights and swim together(there are not enough plants for everyone). If you move fast enough you can reach the next geyser before the light from the plant in your hand runs off.
    Apparently I was the only one in my group who did the dark waters before when I did my 2nd run. Everyone said the dark waters is easier and faster than the dolphins path.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    I think sticking close to someone holding onto luminous plant may have kept you safe, but I can't confirm.
    This is true, we had 2 dedicated light holders, and the other three just had to stay balled up to us. If you're organised, one light-holder can stay back a bit and protect anyone who drops behind a bit due to lag / slow reflexes, etc.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::