PC Gaming News
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans

Exclamation vengeance, your opinion.

i have tried every profession even in downed state and of all the downed skills, vengeance is really the most useless one.
    you stand up, attack the enemy and die without any way to redeem the penalty.
    i could understand if it was 10 seconds and then go back in downed state but 30 seconds and die straight away is just asking to be ignored, i would even go for 5 seconds if balance is an issue.

your thoughts?
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Trait it. Suddenly your warrior never dies.

If untraited, Vengeance is basically a "last resort" skill, triggering it just before you actually die -would be defeated anyway-, you dish out another 15 seconds of assistance and damage, which may be just enough to kill the other guy in PvP or thin out the swarms in PvE so your allies can rez you easier. You don't use it the second you are downed if it's not traited, that's just stupid.

And you're wrong, Elementalists have an entire downed bar that's completely useless. Mist Form will even ensure that you're defeated faster if downed again if you use it, and will rarely get you to a safe zone where you can recover.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    Actually, the skill does have a chance to clear when you kill a foe in Vengeance and allow you to live. However, it's not clear how big a percentage that actually is. If you want it to be 100% chance, though, there's a Master Discpline Trait that offers that.

Personal opinion? I think it could do with being a little longer than 15 seconds, so that those who use it have a better chance of taking down a healthier foe when there's no weaker ones to pick off. Otherwise, it's been a lifesaver for the most part, and even helped me get a Player Kill in during a PvP match.

[EDIT] Ninja'd

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I think I'm going to rethink my build to include that Vengeance Trait. Just sucks that I don't really want any of the +Vit traits

Anyway, even without the trait, I still use it. If I see I'm about to get defeated and Vengeance is up, I'll activate it to get back into the fight. When I have Battle Standard on my bar, I'll try to pop that off to rez downed allies. If I'm going to get defeated, may as well try to help the team out.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jack View Post
    And you're wrong, Elementalists have an entire downed bar that's completely useless. Vapor Form will even ensure that you're defeated faster if downed again if you use it, and will rarely get you to a safe zone where you can recover.
    This! I will trade Vengeance for Vapor Form any time.

As discussed in the Ele forum, the skill sucks without activating faster, lasting a few seconds longer or without having a speed boost while in Vapor Form.

PS: Can I have your Banners? My Conjured weapons are kind of bad, too.
    Last edited by Gorani; 16-09-2012 at 22:41.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    I <3 your conjured weapons.

I don't really use it unless in groups to help other players.