PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues with GW2

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Oh we care. You cant believe the rants I've had just over guild functionality!
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    No Game is perfect at release, particularly no MMO.

However: the direction an MMO takes is decided within the first 6 months after release. Direction as in: will it be a massive success or a niche game. Since player numbers decide which effort can be taken to maintain the game, this also translates into longtime quality.
    This is my main issue with GW2. Anet already wasted 2.5 out of those 6 months with not adressing the important issues of the game.
    Adding new content gradually like anet does simply is not enough.

character variety: that's been answered already by others.
    crafting: I have posted on this forum how to lvl it efficiently. Meaning with a minimum of items actually produced. Compared to other MMO's, crafting is actually on the pro side of GW2, not on the con side.

Most of the issues listed in the op aren't even the ones needing to be fixed in those 6 months (except the grind)

The top three list would be:

1) fix the interface (not as in what you see on your screen only, but in a broader sense: the player/game interaction)
    Camera, gfx fireworks, playability by mouse, clumsy interface, no configurable interface. This starts to create a basic lvl of unhappiness from the moment you install the game and it doesn't stop. No game can afford this "basic frustration "
    2) adding grind to this game instead of replayable PvE content was their greatest mistake. So number 2 on the priority list would be to change that. Remove the grind gradually and add replayable content instead.
    3) gradually adding new temporary and permanent new content. At this point anet delivers, but they do to much and to fast. And part of what they add is plain and simple wrong. (gear spiral, even more grind)

add to mistakes instead of fixing them is the worst they could do.
    Last edited by Ora; 18-11-2012 at 14:20.

On other places people are saying that they want refunds and that they'll never trust Arenanet again.

Ora I don't understand. First you say that they are adding content gradually and then you say that they are adding it too much and too fast. Though maybe they haven't added so much yet, except for the new update.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I think most folks here went through some or the grief stages, and we are all in acceptance now. When the first hint of gear progression popped up, before the blog. Many angry things were said by lots of people here. Me included heh.

There might be typos.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    Ora I don't understand. First you say that they are adding content gradually and then you say that they are adding it too much and too fast. e.
    ?
    Adding new content gradually is okay. But what anet does: adding the wrong content (grind , gear spiral), too much of it and to fast. The entire new island or the huge jp in halloween eg makes little sense now.
    They need to rethink their priorities.
    Last edited by Ora; 18-11-2012 at 22:16.