PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]

Wink NEW LOCATION! The Order of Dii's 8th Birthday Party - And YOU're invited!

The Order Of Dii [Dii] wishes to invite all friends,
    old and new, for a celebration of our 8th birthday
    on Saturday November 17th!

There will be drinks,
    there will be snacks,
    there will be fireworks.
    There will be games,
    there will be races
    there will be quizzes,
    and yes there will be prizes!

Where?: Main celebration in Lion's Arch The Grove (change of venue due to LA overflows) on Stormbluff Isle (NA). Celebrations will also happen in parallel on Aurora Glade (EU).

When?
    : 9 PM - 12 AM UTC (an online time converter can be found here). (Also, pro tip: the Official Wiki uses UTC)

How to participate?:
    Since GW2 works a bit differently from GW1, we have decided to conduct all of our birthday contests in our own Guild Chat. This means that to participate in the contests you have to a) leave your GW2 tag (either by leaving it here in the thread or send a in-game mail to Lensor.9367) so you can be invited to our for-the-occasion BIRTHDAY GUEST rank, and b) make sure to represent during the party. That's it!

Our celebration coinciding with the Lost Shore update, the guild will also be experiencing the new content together over the course of the weekend.
    So if you are in the mood to party, drop by and join the fun!

In-game schedule:
    09.00 PM - Welcome speech!

09.10 PM - This being our very first birthday party in Guild Wars 2, we will start off with a light GW2 quiz. Prizes for first correct answer.

09.30 PM Secret contest. Hint: A rabbit might be good at it.

10.00 PM - Scavenger hunt! The first person to show each announced item in GC will receive a prize!

10.30 PM Lensor says deathmatch! Last man, or woman, standing wins a prize of 1 gold! (If no one can be crowned winner after half an hour all remaining contestants will share this prize.)

11.00 PM - Draw for the grand lottery! (/roll *number of contestants* in Dii Guild Hall in GW1 if anyone wants to witness)

11.10 PM - Running Race! Time to burn off some of those banquet calories.

11.30 PM - Fashion contest lineup and judging.
    12.00 AM Change of Guild Emblem and Group Photo ops

All the time:
    • All guild perks as well as banners will be live.
    • A Guild Banquet will be up for the majority of the celebration (2 hours total since we can only stock up on two). There will also be some free drinks and snacks to keep the buzz up in between.
    • Outfit contest. Prize for best outfit, one class for both genders and all races. First prizes still to be announced.
    • Simon says! This one should be a cakewalk for everyone with Halloween in fresh memory. But since we in Dii are nice, we will not kill anyone, there will only be prizes. The first person to do an e-mote after a dedicated person "Says" will receive a prize (check Guild announcement for in-game name of "Simon"). This can happen at any time during the celebrations, so stay alert!
    • We will have an emmisary posted at the Zaishen Menagerie outpost International in Guild Wars 1 for handing out of the Guild Wars 1 prizes.
    • Our Vent server will be open for everyone during the celebration (slots permitting of course). Make sure to pop by and say hi! (info will be posted in our in-game guild announce).

All weekend:

We will be running content together all weekend, especially the new Lost Shore. We will also keep up our guild perks as much as we can.

General rules:
    All contests are kept in our Guild Chat, anyone can join to be our very special Birthday Guest though!
    General chit-chat in /say (to not mess up the entire zone .
    Sometimes the "emote" channel is used too, so make sure to activate all channels!
    Speed boosts are allowed at all times.

But wait, there is more!
    If you are not able to join the in-game fun, you still have a chance of prices. We are running not one, not two, but three forum contests too (open to both Dii-ers and non-Dii-ers of course):

1) Dii-themed Haiku (Dii wiki)
    Winner decided by Dii officer vote (Dii officers are thus not eligble to participate ).
    1st price = 2 gold
    2nd - 3rd price = 1 gold each
    All entries will receive a prize though

2) Guild Wars 1 Super Mega Giveaway!
    This special giveaway will work a little differently than your regular lottery. How it will work is that you enter your GW1 character name and a short motivation of why you would like to improve your Hall of Monuments in this thread. If you are missing points for a specific title, please include how many. We will then look up your Hall of Monuments in the online calculator and try to get you something you still need. Hopefully we will be able to get everyone something, but a lucky few will get something really special!

3) Grand Lottery!
    Prize: A code for 2000 gems
    Post your GW2 gamertag in this thread to enter. Your lottery number will be your entry's order in the thread. One entry per person. The Draw of the lottery will be conducted live during the celebration, in our GW1 GH (/roll *the number of entries*).

Post your entries in this thread (don't forget IGN's/Gamertags!)
    deadline is the start of the events, i.e. November 17th 9PM UTC.

(our actual birthday was November 1st, but due to some RL constraints and whatnot, we celebrate on the 17th in stead.)

Last edited by Lensor; 18-11-2012 at 00:17.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [ Dii ]
    Grand Lottery Entry; Ivanta.7926, Main Character "Ivon Yarbuti". GW1 Ivanta Yerbuti could use some Z-keys towards that pesky PvP title. I don't know what a Haiku is so I'll let the talented people have fun with that. Good Luck Everyone.
    Last edited by Ivanta; 15-11-2012 at 23:35.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Raye Lestrange.1834. (For the lottery)

:3

There might be typos.
    Last edited by Raye; 17-11-2012 at 23:59.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

TRUE
    w00t w00t!

I'm feeling lucky now as I used that online time converter Lensor posted in the OP and found out that Argentinean time is known as 'ART' which is also the name of my character in GW2 'Art' (Grand lottery entry).

For the 'Guild Wars 1 Super Mega Giveaway!' my character is called 'Art Y Mori' and he needs some weapons (Any type) to get him up to 'Flameseeker'. The reason I want 'Flameseeker' so badly is that the entirety of Guild Wars 1 was the 'Flameseeker prophecies' and I feel that'd be nice to have on my GW2 character as a title.

Haiku...

Winter brings long days
    others hoard miserly cold
    Dii celebrates fire

Oh, and by the way - Happy Birthday Dii!

-Art
    Last edited by Art; 14-11-2012 at 00:02. Reason: Added haiku

Grand Lottery entry: DanteZero.3569

Grand Lottery entry: RabidCoqui.1983

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    1) Dii-themed Haiku (Dii wiki)
    Winner decided by Dii officer vote (Dii officers are thus not eligble to participate ).
    1st price = 2 gold
    2nd - 3rd price = 1 gold each
    All entries will receive a prize though
    Dii guild renown
    Much rwar and celebration
    Sometimes there is moo

Quote Originally Posted by Lensor View Post
    3) Grand Lottery!
    Prize: A code for 2000 gems
    Post your GW2 gamertag in this thread to enter. Your lottery number will be your entry's order in the thread. One entry per person. The Draw of the lottery will be conducted live during the celebration, in our GW1 GH (/roll *the number of entries*).
    CMEPTb:8091

[edit] superstar lucky number 7 win big!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Guild

The Order of Dii
    grand lotto: Natalya Dawn.4708

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Grand Lottery, please!

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Happy birthday, guild!

grand lottery for giggles and stuff: Thulsey.7908

Sonya Gladgul still doesn't have full weapons in her HoM… I kept saying to myself that when GW 2 launched I would still login and play GW 1 somewhat often, and eventually go in and get the remaining 10 weapons to complete the set.

Unfortunately I am now collecting jumping puzzles, vistas and points of interest in a much newer Tyria, Tyria 2.0. I log in once a week to see if I have a stocked up supply of whatever Nicholas is after, and get simple Zaishen missions like Augury Rock and Tihark Orchard so I can collect z-coins.

I don't need anything from Nicholas, I don't need any z-coins, I am stockpiling Gifts of the Traveler and zaishen coins. I think I need help.

*sniff* Help me quit Guild Wars!
    Last edited by thulsey; 15-11-2012 at 10:10. Reason: Sure, why not enter to win the GW 1 HoM stuff…