PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Yes, guesting... Drop everything, get that damn guesting working! I'm seriously disappointed it's still not in the game. I knew it wouldn't be in at the start, but I had expected it before Halloween and simply cannot understand it's not here even now. The Lost Shore would have been the perfect moment to introduce it: Get in those fractals with your friends from all over the world!
    I don't get this either. Although I don't know anyone on different servers, I don't know why the fractal lobby wouldn't work--I mean, can't people from different servers meet up in the heart of the mists or something?

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa Kusanagi View Post
    I don't get this either. Although I don't know anyone on different servers, I don't know why the fractal lobby wouldn't work--I mean, can't people from different servers meet up in the heart of the mists or something?
    From what I understand, the lobby is broken, so it won't work right now at all. But you still can't play with everybody. I can't play with the people on any NA server and only on European servers if I do a dungeon.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Quote Originally Posted by Ora View Post
    1) I don't think it was an hour for me, grant it it's different when you know where to go versus figuring it out. The events were broken but they were able to make it work on the last day. With alot of waypointing, one could do both in probably 15 mins.

2) The drops during events were bugged as hell, seems like more than 5 people attacking it and you weren't going to get squat. Anet needs to fix that now! And yeah... island is useless, a bit small.

3)Same here, but maybe not multiple. I'd still want one event, but more overflow friendlier.

I think overall, Anet has some learning to do, but it faired well considering. I'd give them props for doing it, but there is room to do better!

I can't beleive you didn't have time for the Fractals... the BEST stuff since sliced bread. You are missing out on the best thing to come from this.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    I can't play with the people on any NA server and only on European servers if I do a dungeon.
    to be fair: GW1 had the same at start. That is why I than had my 2 accounts split: 1 on US, 1 on euro server. there always was the international server, but that never had favor, so no fow or uw. if I remember correctly favor per territory lasted till around 2007 in GW1. Two years after release...

Quote Originally Posted by Xycury View Post
    1) I don't think it was an hour for me, grant it it's different when you know where to go versus figuring it out. The events were broken but they were able to make it work on the last day. With alot of waypointing, one could do both in probably 15 mins.
    5 commendations for 15 mins is still a complete waste of time, let alone waiting for event npc's to pop up is not exactly fun. The way they did this in Halloween (conjuring them with that device) was imo the better idea.
    I made roughly 1500 of those commendations within less than an hour, by using normal loot I had acquired over the weekend and by crafting...
    Not efficient, on a mere price basis, but very much so, when you consider that those gathering tools came in stacks of 250...
    I won't have to buy gathering tools and salvage items for a few weeks now...

I can't beleive you didn't have time for the Fractals... the BEST stuff since sliced bread. You are missing out on the best thing to come from this.
    My top priority was showing my 2 buddies around, whom I gave trial keys to.
    As to best stuff after sliced bread: I'll tell you after I did them, if they are better than the best dungeons I have seen thus far :)

. I'd still want one event, but more overflow friendlier.
    1 event only is unfair. Both to people living in the "wrong" time zone and to those, who like me have 2 or more accounts.
    I payed anet twice, so why can't I do the event with both accounts ?
    Last edited by Ora; 19-11-2012 at 16:55.

5 commendations for 15 mins is still a complete waste of time, let alone waiting for event npc's to pop up is not exactly fun. The way they did this in Halloween (conjuring them with that device) was imo the better idea.
    I made roughly 1500 of those commendations within less than an hour, by using normal loot I had acquired over the weekend and by crafting...
    Not efficient, on a mere price basis, but very much so, when you consider that those gathering tools came in stacks of 250...
    I won't have to buy gathering tools and salvage items for a few weeks now...
    Well there was some story too, I don't know how you'll get the story to people without giving them a long boring book to read...plus your involvment was fun. Ultimately it was more Lore, but a nice token of your work in it. Should they give out exotics instead? /s

My top priority was showing my 2 buddies around, whom I gave trial keys to.
    As to best stuff after sliced bread: I'll tell you after I did them, if they are better than the best dungeons I have seen thus far :)
    Well definately get 4 others that like to have fun and think. It's not RoM tactic crazy but it's alot more interesting than say your tank and spank dungeons.

1 event only is unfair. Both to people living in the "wrong" time zone and to those, who like me have 2 or more accounts.
    I payed anet twice, so why can't I do the event with both accounts ?
    I think having one event is fine, if only the reward could be gotten afterwards if you missed it.

Like the witch's hat in LA for 5 days after the event... so should the box and accessory which Anet is going to do for the ones that got cut off.

Sure you paid twice, just run it on two computers? or wait till someone gets the multi-launch working. I wonder if you install it in a different location would that be enought to run them both, with different logins that is.

I think maybe having the end event run as a repeatable dungeon would be fun.... that may work. But you'd want 20-40 people here. (Eww WoW raid anyone?)

I think the problem is that events that repeat won't have that many people on, so the ones that are in the wrong timezone won't have enough Zerg to beat it anyways....

For an open world MMO, having one time events make each one special. Maybe they can do without the reward part of it in another way.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    So, in all the comments, pro and con, there have been many mentions of the combat, environment, exploration, and loot. But not one single mention of story. Why is that?

I missed the first part of the event in LA, so I just sat out the rest of the event. I did some personal story, some farming, and a couple of zone completions over the weekend. The main reason for this is not the horror of lag and such that I was hearing about, but because I figured my chances of getting connected to whatever story was behind this event were even worse than usual after missing the beginning, and I LIKE story.

The fact that nobody has had a word to say about the story of this event tells me that it was at least as disjointed and hard to get a handle on as anything in the stock game or the Halloween event. The fact that nobody has anything to say about it tells me that it was something that could easily be ignored, if it was there at all, and that most players were just oblivious to anything beyond where they were supposed to go to kill more stuff and get more loot. Just like most everything else that happens in open-world PvE, where finding any connected story behind events is a constant exercise in frustration even when you know it's there. Am I wrong?

I find this to be a very sad contrast to GW1. I'm half tempted to start a thread about this and the flaws of the celebrated elimination of walls-o-text in favor of dialog trees that make the worst phone menu you ever navigated look simple.

Edit: Ninja'd by Xycury, who gave a passing mention to the story above. :)
    Last edited by BrettM; 19-11-2012 at 17:47.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    In my case, I hardly pay attention to story unless it's cinematic. And even then I am often tempted to skip if it's just some people talking.

Not just in GW1-2. In all games. Very rare games got me interested in the story to the point that I would actively look for information and read the tidbits, and those exceptions include Half-Life, Undying, Bastion, Unreal, and Grim Fandango.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    In my case, I hardly pay attention to story unless it's cinematic. And even then I am often tempted to skip if it's just some people talking.

Not just in GW1-2. In all games. Very rare games got me interested in the story to the point that I would actively look for information and read the tidbits, and those exceptions include Half-Life, Undying, Bastion, Unreal, and Grim Fandango.

Ah a good day when someone mentions Undying!

Anyways, the story is that the Consortium was sent to gather information on the island, and one d-bag was going to create a monopoly on the plants, the passion fruit/flowers and that disturbed the Kraka. I think the Kraka like to eat the plants so taking away their food pist them off and crashed LA and destoryed the boats.

The one quest was to find out why that happened, end result is you get a jug for two battles that were funny (easy too).

The other one was I think to develop a gun that can affect the Kraka and fight them back. They were too strong. This was through the Lion's Arch.

I don't know if the Consortium will stay, but they seem to be another faction like the Whispers or the Priory. They mainly focus on sciense stuff and exploration/exploitation. Hence the Fractals.... I don't know what their story is mainly for that.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    to be fair: GW1 had the same at start. That is why I than had my 2 accounts split: 1 on US, 1 on euro server. there always was the international server, but that never had favor, so no fow or uw. if I remember correctly favor per territory lasted till around 2007 in GW1. Two years after release...
    Ok, so you couldn't do two areas together. But you could always do any other thing together: missions, exploring, questing. And now we don't even have that.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Based on this story, it seems to me the Consortium is more about capitalism, for better or for worse.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about