PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xycury View Post
    1)Anyways, the story is that the Consortium was sent to gather information on the island, and one d-bag was going to create a monopoly on the plants, the passion fruit/flowers and that disturbed the Kraka.

That d-bag was an asura wasn't it? I can't remember.

Story-wise, eh; yes, it was forgettable. Only thing I remember is Karka came, Karka smash, and Karka got kicked in the arse -- not before kicking mine a bit -- oh and end chest;20-slotbag -- and fractals. The scavenger hunt at the start (like Halloween), started it, but between being bugged and finding it all online (especially the rewards for travel money/time spent), I was like no.

I liked some of the concepts behind the finale event chain; turning geysers into mortars, chasing the karken into its nest, boiling it (didn't get to eat it, boo)..
    Last edited by Смерть; 19-11-2012 at 17:43.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Ok, so you couldn't do two areas together. But you could always do any other thing together: missions, exploring, questing. And now we don't even have that.
    I didn't say it was a good thing...
    Besides: i used the example, because at start of GW1 FoW and UW where kind of the "top dungeons", just like fractals is now.

Next I am sure you are going to tell me , that SF could be done in international dis, by mixed territory grps and that SF was introduced to GW just a few months after release.
    Well, GW2 isn't as old as GW1 was, when SF was added.

Note: examples are there to highlight one aspect, not to match something 1:1.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Those tiny karkas. How they attached to my face, leg, back. That was awesome creepy.

They pretty much had to add gameplay code to work that in, and it seems nobody noticed.

== Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    On the whole open world / weekend event:

Based on the talk I've seen during the final event and also various forum posts, I feel that the overall happiness factor is largely dependent on the final chest reward. You have the very happy people who got a precursors and similar, you have the slightly happy to indifferent people who got some semi-useful stuff and finally you got the angry/bitter people who missed out on the reward due to technical/timezone/whatever reasons.

The event itself didn't seem to have left much of an impression except for that it was too long and plagued by various bugs. Personally I almost felt a little bribed at the end

I think this is a shame because the whole event chain had the potential to be great. Just a little shorter, chance to get decent drops (champions!) during the event and not just at the end... and well, finally, handling the crowd. Just like the clocktower, this event seemed to be designed with a different amount of people in mind.

Unless there will be additional changes to the island, I don't think it'll be played much anymore now.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    The fact that nobody has had a word to say about the story of this event tells me that it was at least as disjointed and hard to get a handle on as anything in the stock game or the Halloween event. The fact that nobody has anything to say about it tells me that it was something that could easily be ignored, if it was there at all, and that most players were just oblivious to anything beyond where they were supposed to go to kill more stuff and get more loot. Just like most everything else that happens in open-world PvE, where finding any connected story behind events is a constant exercise in frustration even when you know it's there. Am I wrong?

I find this to be a very sad contrast to GW1. I'm half tempted to start a thread about this and the flaws of the celebrated elimination of walls-o-text in favor of dialog trees that make the worst phone menu you ever navigated look simple.
    What story?

Point well made. By removing the need to manually obtain the quests, personally I just don't feel motivated anymore to go read a stationary and poorly presented quest description. In GW1 presentation wasn't necessarily an issue as you could just go fetch the quest, then read its full description in the quest log as you traveled to the corresponding location. What I completely miss however is the GW1-mission-style presentation, the GW2 personal story just can't compete.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    I feel that the overall happiness factor is largely dependent on the final chest reward.
    I think you're right to think a lot of people care more about getting the loot, and whether the loot is any good, than the actual event. They'll sooner spend more time doing something boring that gives good loot, than something fun that gives bad loot. Not everyone, but a lot of people.

The problem is that this actually pushes devs to implement better rewards all the time, even if they would rather not go that way. People leave the game when they have maxed their gear... but why did you bother maxing it if you leave it the instant you have maxed it? It's consumerist insanity.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by CMEPTb View Post
    That d-bag was an asura wasn't it? I can't remember.

It was actually Canach a sylvari that was the leading the team and what created the events....

I thought the event itself was fun and interesting... doing everything up to that point. but the mass zerg and the laggy and the time taken could be shorter.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    so....any pictures of the new gear?
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    man they look ugly, the only one i do like is the great-sword.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

The end chest also dropped bizarrely good equipment. For example I got an earring with +25 to all stats, +3 CD, +3 MF and an unused upgrade slot. I also got the previously mentioned 20 slot box and several exotics.

It's hard to tell how much I was bribed, but I personally really enjoyed the finale. It was long, but once I realized it was going to be hella long I just relaxed and enjoyed it. The river of karka hatchlings on the spiral was one of the coolest things I've seen in GW2.