PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

This game is no where near as good as the Original GW.

This game is no where near as good as the Original.It doesn't feel like guild wars reminds me more of Lotr although even that is better.The learning curve is no where to be seen as GW was.

I am playing Warrior and Ranger ,Warrior with a shotgun as I encouter lots of geers with firearams.When I ma playing Ranger I ma using axes instead of a bow as well as a bear.I never liked the beast mastery in GW as it was only good up till level 10.When I started my Archer in PWI I got bow as my first weapon and the same for Lotr and they play better than Ranger in this game.

I much prefer to have sense of direction much like in GW as you know where you are going with quests and missions.

I don't like the fact when I do go down I have to pay to go back to a waypoint.The game doesn't look anything as good as GW does even in PWI I don't have to pay.It would be nice to have healer around.

I would say with all the time it took to make this you figure would be quality product but it no where near good a GW is and will never be.Gw2 will never be the game GW was and still is.I would of rather of paid for rebuilt GW instead of this.

The pvp is not a good a GW is as well I gues that is why they flocked back to GW.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Well, thank you for your well substantiated and eloquent post. I'll be sure to tell everyone I know that they can go back to gw1 now, with such a flourishing, thriving community playing it. Oh, I bet population has tripled since 2007! There must be 10 american districts of kamadan with all these gw2 quitters! How exciting!
    Silly Shawn... The PvP'ers wouldn't go to Kamadan! They'd be in the Temple!

But I do agree with Age on one thing: GW2 will never be the game GW was and still is. It's a different game altogether and will stay that way too and GW1 will not change into GW2 either.

About that healer. I mostly play alone or with one friend (not counting the people I come across while adventuring). Neither of us is even geared remotely towards healing. Yet we both seem to survive most situations (and those situations we don't survive usually are our own fault...) And most often I do survive because of the beastmastery, which is a lot better than in GW1, which I already loved and used extensively even way past lvl10. Even got two GWAMMS (different accounts, with the second one only one accountwide title) with a pure BM build there. Simply know the strengths and weaknesses of your class. But that goes with all games. And maybe a class isn't for you (as the ele isn't for me, as I just cannot use it properly)

Missions in GW1, I hated. The only decent implementation of them was in Prophecies, as you could skip them. I love the lack of quests and especially missions in GW2. And if there has to be a quest, let it be one of those that have been used during Halloween and the Lost Shores: long, requiring you to go all over the area.

Finally, why isn't using a bow bad? A ranger can use multiple weapons, they all have a different playing style. I personally prefer the axe because it fits better with my way of playing. The same on my necro, she doesn't use a staff (which is the preferred weapon for most, I believe), she also uses an axe, because I like that playing style better. That's one thing I really like about GW2. It doesn't force you into a certain playing style, it offers you some choice for each class.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Guild

MVOP
    Now, I loved everything about GW1.
    Missions, AB, quests & hero quests especially made me feel like my actions were making a real difference to the world (if I rescued a girl in Shenzun tunnels she stayed rescued, rescue that girl from the destroyer hole & she's back again in a few minutes! Dizzy little bimbo, leave her to die).
    It's a really good game. It is now utterly empty however.
    It's not that GW2 is beyond redemption, there is so much great stuff in there from the beautiful world to little lore touches (Sylvari are Welsh!).
    My main gripe is that it is the lore though. Anet betrayed us there.

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    I don't like the fact when I do go down I have to pay to go back to a waypoint.
    This.

Had to sell gem to be able to res and repair my armor last weekend.
    Doing something wrong I know but this is just silly...

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova N View Post
    This.

Yes, that is the only thing I absolutely don't understand about GW2. They, on one hand, said they wanted to let people play together, but on the other hand they say: but you must pay for it! And being doubly punished for dying never seemed fair to me...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova N View Post
    Aren't WPs free when you don't have enough money for them?
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

A troll as an admin, ouch!

Age, you have to remember that whilst GW2 certainly has its problems, the game that you are comparing it to (GW) isn't the same game as it was at launch. GW has changed a lot and I see no reason as to why GW2 won't experience similar change.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    I would say with all the time it took to make this you figure would be quality product but it no where near good a GW is and will never be.Gw2 will never be the game GW was and still is.I would of rather of paid for rebuilt GW instead of this.
    Wait...wait...wait...I was about to ignore this thread until I read this. Are you KIDDING ME? Guild Wars was around for SEVEN YEARS. Of course GW2 isn't going to be of the same quality, it's only 3 months old. GW wasn't the game it is today back when it was new either.

In all honesty, this post seems kinda worthless. It's all opinion with nothing to really discuss. What can we say? Your opinion is wrong? This post would have been better served by piggybacking on one of the original "I don't like this game" threads from when it was released.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Only the nearest waypoint, I believe.

Stop using waypoints so much.