A little belated because I'd failed to realise the official forum's posts are cut off at a certain point in my RSS reader.
Source: Official Forums
- Whirling Strike: This skill is now a whirl finisher.
- Tsunami Slash: This skill is now a whirl finisher.
- Harpoon Pull: This skill is now a projectile finisher.
- Fear Me: Updated the tooltip to correctly state the range of the skill.
- Hammer Shock: This skill can now be used while moving.
- Fast Hands: Fixed an issue where the trait did not affect the first weapon swap.
- Desperate Power: Now deals 20% extra damage instead of 10%.
- Last Stand: This now properly breaks stun when it triggers.
- Furious Reaction: Now triggers at 10% damage instead of 20 and also gives 10 seconds of vigor along with the 10 seconds of fury.
- Berserker’s Might: Decreased might stacks required from six to five.
- Increased the velocity of arrows fired from Longbow skills by 30%.
- Triple Chop: Changed the timing so that players can no longer cancel their own skill combo accidentally.
- Healing Surge: Healing surge now heals based on current adrenaline level, and then grants a full bar of adrenaline.
Class balance philosophies
We normally try to employ metered and controlled balance changes with each pass, rather than huge reductions or improvements to classes. We want to get all classes on the same playing field, and we want to avoid “whack-a-mole” style balance. HUGH increases and HUGE decreases lead to meta instability, and thusly, we try to make multiple small tweaks rather than putting in massive changes that we have to later correct.
When designing and balancing the classes, we try to make sure that class roles and identities stay intact. So, in doing so, we make sure that there are rules and boundaries outlining the capabilities and weaknesses of each class.
- We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions.