GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, makes sense, provided your contribution is not a lot less than most other...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I am often amazed at how easily one gets gold for some events. I'm even more amazed at the number of times I've gotten at least bronze for events I never heard of and in which I did not participate, at least intentionally. In many of those cases I never even saw the "nearby event" notification or the orange circle on my minimap, but I assume some random critter I killed must have been connected with it. I almost feel guilty for getting all this free karma and coin for doing nothing that I wouldn't have been doing anyway.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Admittedly, getting event credit is easy. Like I said, it's getting kill credit which is not trivial, and for me this is directly relevant for the WvW monthly.

Some comments...

If you're specced for damage, that is nice... but you get less kill credits if you are specced for dps'ing one foe than if you regularly hit many foes.

If you get less kill credits for whatever reason, you will get less loot and consequently, less golds. So if you get less golds, it could be luck, your own biased estimations, or it could be that you don't tag as much.
    == Alaris & clone ==

I got the WvW monthly in a couple of days easily... and this was while I was mainly mapping during that time.

Alaris can you guess your WvW kill count per hour? Just curious what a mostly defensive support guardian gets (that's what you WvW with right?)

I'm going to roughly estimate ~40 hours of WvW for me, ~1000 kills for about ~25 kills per hour. Totally rough estimate, based off my thief being my main WvW char with ~150 hours total played on her.

My estimate seems way off to me (a kill every 144 seconds), which is why I say WvW is really generous with kills.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I actually WvW'ed mostly with grenade engineer and greatsword guardian. I didn't play a defensive build on my guardian in WvW, so the decision is mainly when to use bubbles to save allies vs go in with greatsword to tag more foes.

I honestly don't know how much my kill rate would differ, I would need to collect data for that, I admit this is more impression than actual fact. I don't have difficulty getting my monthly kills, that's for sure... but again, I don't play nearly as defensive/support as I probably could and would in WvW.
    == Alaris & clone ==