PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii (Commander)

Dodge shouldn't remove the hitbox+endurance recharge should increase by 33%.

There are two things I want to talk about in dodging.

1) The hitbox shouldn't be removed when you dodge.

Dodge is, as stated, used to dodge out of the way. As of right now, a player can dodge right into a melee warrior. But if he/she is still in the motion of dodging, the melee attack won't hit. This doesn't make much sense.

At the extreme case of Max Payne, this became more funny than anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2waLXrLSPU

I would agree that the hitbox should reduce during dodging. It is harder to hit a moving target. But at the same time, dodging shouldn't be totally invincible. You shouldn't be able to dodge right though a electrocute wall, for example (as is the case in FotM).

2) Endurance recharge is way too slow right now.

Of course, this is a direct result of dodging being a bit too powerful right now. For other games that allows dodging, they happen a lot more often. I say we increase the endurance recharge by 33%.

So nerf dodging, but allow it to happen more often. All in all, we would get a quicker and more action packed game. Dodging also becomes more tactical instead of an invincibility card (you actually have to dodge out of the way now).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CHIPS; 30-11-2012 at 11:02.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I don't know. I think the dodge system is quite alright as it is. The low recharge of endurance makes you think when you should actually dodge, as opposed to spam it. I like that it is a 100% evade, and that you can only use it so often. It adds a layer to the combat and field awareness that I like. I do hope it stays as is.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't know. I think the dodge system is quite alright as it is. The low recharge of endurance makes you think when you should actually dodge, as opposed to spam it. I like that it is a 100% evade, and that you can only use it so often. It adds a layer to the combat and field awareness that I like. I do hope it stays as is.
    I want to second this. If you feel you need more dodges, invest in a trait that augments dodging/gives your vigor.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    I'm alright with it as it is to. At first I wanted enough endurance for a third dodge but, I'm ok with it now.

I 4th that it is fine as is. Thieves get enough for a third dodge almost immediately and I find myself spamming it a lot of times. It's more... sophisticated on something like my ele, where it's important to get it right. The invulnerability is also built in to the game mechanics, it might be the only way to escape a fatal AoE.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I also like it the way it is. Further, any changes would also require a major redesign of all the traits and effects that are based on extra damage with full endurance, refilling endurance under certain conditions, dropping bombs on dodge, etc. It would be a pretty large task, I think, and it seems to me that ANet has many more serious problems to deal with still than fixing something that isn't broken.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I can really see arguments both ways, and I'd actually have to play both ways before making up my mind. Keep in mind that as is, regular mouse + keyboard, it gets complicated to spam grenades while moving, I can't imagine how having to dodge more would make this easier. I think it's an extra concern you need to think about.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    The low recharge of endurance makes you think when you should actually dodge, as opposed to spam it.
    Stupip question ahead: What is the alternative to dodging when the enemy charges straight at me? (Apart from dying, I mean - that's plan b, right after the endurance is used up.)

If you have blocking, use that. :P

Actually, some attacks can be avoided by simply sidestepping.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Side-stepping, strafing, blocking, teleporting out, knockback, stun, interrupt...

Really, plenty of ways to avoid getting hit.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about