Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Obligatory Before and After thread! [Maaakeovers!]

So with the Black Lion Trading Company giving us the option to change up our characters I'm sure some of us have tweaked and improved some bits, while others have gone for the drastic change. So... let's see them! =D

Edit:

My mesmer:
    Before | After

My necro:
    Before | After

My warrior:
    Before (stupid bandana of doom)| After
    Last edited by Lensor; 04-12-2012 at 16:04.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I changed four characters. My necromancer and warrior got full makeovers -- necromancer got a whole new face, warrior just had some settings tweaked a bit. My guardian and engineer just got new hair styles. Unfortunately I only have decent screen shots of the hair style changes (didn't think to take pictures of my face changes).

I'm very happy to be able to make these changes. Also happy that at 250 gems, if I ever decide to revert it's not going to be a bank-killer.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Only pics I have to hand are my ele. Don't feel like booting up the PC just to take screens, so the rest can come tomorrow. :3

Before.

After.

Have changed the hair of my Asura Necro, the face + hair of Human Guardian, and think I may change my norn for some slightly more interesting tattoos, but haven't decided yet. :3
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Aah, I didn't have a good before pic of my elementalist. I bought a makeover kit and fixed her face a bit though, just some adjustment of sliders to give her stronger cheekbones and a less permanently surprised look. Oh, and fixed the hair-ties, which I had selected as blue at character creation, now they're a neutral colour so I don't get OCD over colour-coordination. Changed the hair colour from black to red-black too, it's subtle enough not to bug me, in terms of matching outfits.

Before/After

Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    Aah, I didn't have a good before pic of my elementalist. I bought a makeover kit and fixed her face a bit though, just some adjustment of sliders to give her stronger cheekbones and a less permanently surprised look.
    You can totally tell the difference, when I saw it on my phone I was all "it looks more or less the same..." but now that I see the picture on my monitor I'm all =O it's like she went to the salon to get her make up done. It still looks like it's the same person though, except more angry and prettier haha. Well done.

Oh, and fixed the hair-ties, which I had selected as blue at character creation, now they're a neutral colour so I don't get OCD over colour-coordination. Changed the hair colour from black to red-black too, it's subtle enough not to bug me, in terms of matching outfits.
    I really wish they'd let us dye those things, the bandana of my warrior was driving me crazy for that same reason, even though I picked a neutral color to begin with (because I knew it would drive me crazy) it ended up driving me crazy anyway =(

It would be nice if they let you dye the hair items with whatever colors you have unlocked on the character. Also, I got rid of my red-head because it was so hard to match up outfits with her fiery hair =| now all the dyes that character has are so bland as a result of that, that I need to go on a dye-buying spree so that she doesn't look so dull. Funny how such things work.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, I was actually pretty pleased with my efforts (and impressed at how the subtle changes the sliders provide can actually have a very dramatic impact). It's almost as if she's grown older, wiser and has experienced something a little bit like saving the world. I'm not generally a role-player type, or attached to my characters outside of how shiny they look and how awesome they are to play, but that tickled me.

Also, you avatar is really screwing me up. I might be imagining this, but Shawn (or someone else) used to have an avatar of a monk with RoF going off, and your avatar makes me think it's that avatar, at first glance - and suddenly I'm questioning the space-time continuum. Gah.
    Last edited by kokabel; 29-11-2012 at 00:48.
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Also, you avatar is really screwing me up. I might be imagining this, but Shawn (or someone else) used to have an avatar of a monk with RoF going off, and your avatar makes me think it's that avatar, at first glance - and suddenly I'm questioning the space-time continuum. Gah.
    Haha.. I think I know which avatar you're talking about, it might have been shawn I don't remember, but now I remember the picture! But there, I haz changed it just for u. We want to keep you sane kokabel ^_^

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Argh, I did not intend for avatar changing to take place due to my crazypants. Now I feel sort of bad!

And yes, that was the avatar. I wish my memory was always that good, and I wish it picked up important info instead of remembering people's avatars from like 3 years ago, lol.
    kokabel.5728

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. jklulz. I meant to go back to this one anyway... so no harm done =P I wasn't completely sold on the blue circly thing.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Well, I didn't really play my ele much before last week so I don't have a good "before" shot of her. This is the best I could find:

I do have several good "After" shots however.

I was unhappy with the combination of the bluish/gray skin and stark crimson "hair", so I went for something a bit less fiery - water and air are perfectly valid elements too I find :)