PC Gaming News
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Most Underrated Weapons

So I've been a supporty guardian for a while, and I absolutely love the staff, but I feel the majority of guardians dislike it. I mostly think that's due to the fact that they don't know how to use it properly? It is clearly a support weapon, and not necessarily a damage dealing weapon, though you deal acceptable damage with it. I love using Line of Warding as an interrupt (if cast directly on top of the red dot, it'll rupt them unless they're invulnerable or some kind of champion that's not interuptable) The symbol deals damage obviously, and the little ball of awesome does a lot of damage and heals when exploded. I really don't know what's not to love about the staff... but I seldom see guardians with staves.

So... what would you say is the most underrated weapon and why? ^_^

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I use the shield sometimes... I think all weapons have their use, it's just that in persistent PvE, AoE damage is key. In dungeons though, I am often tempted to swap to other weapon sets.

I used the staff to down a dungeon boss btw. That fight got a lot easier when I switched to that weapon... it was the tree boss with the tree illusions...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    I am currently Using Mace & Torch, not because I think they are that great, but because I want to get some weapon master achievements unlocked for fun. In boss fights I switch to staff, depending on how many other melee characters are around.
    But yes... Greatsword is just too good compared to others.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    I used the staff to down a dungeon boss btw. That fight got a lot easier when I switched to that weapon... it was the tree boss with the tree illusions...
    Yeah I've downed champions by myself with the staff. I think its just easier to circle strafe with a ranged weapon, and that makes a huge difference

Sent from my Little Robot

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It wasn't just circle-strafing though, I started off with my scepter (I always have it) and found it was terrible... the boss and illusions could root me, and when they did, I had to quickly hit the roots or risk getting an illusion KD me. The staff however would hit both the boss and the roots without having to target-switch, and as bonus it also hit the illusions most of the time.

As testimony of the staff's awesome AoE cone attack, when I went to unlock skills on it, I went into an event with lots of foes and started auto-attacking. The auto-attack is really good at tagging foes in a crowd... so much so I ended up getting 2-3 skills within not even a minute of play.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I didn't mean it was ONLY the straffing, but yeah... I'm also not very fond of the scepter. If i want a ranged weapon I always choose the staff. It might be because I simply know how to use it better though.

Sent from my Little Robot

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I usually prefer the scepter, perhaps I have more experience with it... it has twice longer range on the autoattack, 2-3 are good for AoE and snare, and 4-5 of course you get to pick what you want to bring.

I need to practice staff more. It has good skills.
    == Alaris & clone ==