Let's get some light discussion up in hurrr.
Reading a few threads of late has got me thinking a mix of "wow, how do you get so much X" with an equal amount of "wow, how do you only have Y". Not saying either of these things is good or bad, I just found it interesting.
For me, getting at least 1gold+, some ectos, some high level mats is normal for an evening (2-3 hours of play). Some people will rake in way more than that and say "lol, if you're not making at least 10g an hour you're wrongy mcwrongysauce" where as some people are in the boat of "I've been level 80 since day 2 and have 30 silver to my name".
Without getting competitive or whatnot, what's your average daily or weekly routine in GW? What makes it all tick for you? Is it the money, is it the entertainment or is it making the little bars go up up up.
What I get up to:
My personal dailies:
* I try to fit in one run of the Grenth's temple DE-chain an evening. Full party of 5 whether guildies or pugs. Pop an omnomberry bar at the start, plant a MF flag at the Torch. If we fail once or twice then I can usually get together 80-90silver+ from a run, plus materials. The high level materials will get TP'd unless it something I need / am working towards. Will usually get a few rares during the run which will get salvaged to ectos if they run less than the cost of an ecto. Ecto wont get sold, just kept for armor / jewels. This alone is my "business" part of the day as it's a healthy boost to the bank :3
* Dailies! Grenth's takes care of the Events + total kills. Since it's in Orr, I have to go elsewhere for the variety. But no worries, the day is young.
* If I'm currently working on leveling someone up, I'll get the rest of the variety and the gathering from this. Right now I'm not working on leveling anyone.
* After dinner I'll check in on WvW, look for commanders I like to play alongside across the Borderlands and see if there's anything going on there. Or if there's guildies playing I'll join them for a bit and pootle around there.
* Hit up the rich Ori orr in Southsun. Pretty much the only reason I go to southsun. Go to where Oswain is making omelets from her former crew members and the karka eggs (there's seriously something other than eggs in those omelets. it's totally her crew <_< )
* Go punch Shatner/Taco the Salsa-less/Jormag's Chump in the face for loots. (the Dragon champions)
By this time my dailies are done, or may need to go outside of Lion's Arch for a few more gathers or kill types.
My personal weeklies:
* Saturday evening is guildie outing time where we try to do something with as many of us as possible. Some weeks it's dungeons, sometimes Fractals, sometimes clearing out a zone (i <3 our Orr stomps) and pop some bonus banners both in Lion's Arch and then later in the zone we're in.
* WvW reset time! Our server has reset party. Stock up on supply, then chill out prior to reset. Find out which mega-guilds are going to which BL and have a giggle. Then game-face on and battle for the glory of Jade Quarry, realise that 4am appeared out of nowhere then go to bed <_<.
* Slowly working on 100% on my ele, my first character. Only doing around 1 zone a week. Mix this up with exploring in general, dailies, jump puzzles etc.
Of course all of this goes out the window if I'm leveling someone up as I tend to dedicate a lot more time to that character and will ignore the Grenth clears or the Dragons.
But yes! What do you get up to. What makes you tick in GW2 day in day out / week in week out if you're super casual. I figure people can get some ideas for doing stuff, or at least go "huh, that's interesting" or hell "Man you're weird. I'm going to sit here flipping these charr butts on the TP for 2c profit a time"