PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Weekdays
    If able to log in at all, it will usually be just to get some Guild admin stuff done while chatting and maybe bum around a bit in whatever zone I happen to have logged out from.

Weekends
    Bum around with a little bit more focus, mostly mapping while chatting and whatnot.
    After a while I might look at the daily progress, and if it is close I might decide to get it done before the reset. (For the record I have finished maybe 10 dailies tops. ). Monthlies I havent even touched.
    Ask in guild if people want to do some dungeon or something . Usually we get some people together and have a blast.
    Think about getting into WvW or even try out some sPvP, but become distracted by gathering nodes.
    Check out my bank, become dismayed at all my junk, so sell off some stuff and try to get my crafting going for a bit. Which adds more junk to storage.
    Start to think about going to bed so wont start anything new, but stay up for another hour anyway chatting and bumming around some more.

I do not make a lot of monies lol. But I am not too keen on buying expensive stuff anyway (living off the land mostly) so it all works out. Now that I am (finally) level 80 I do expect that there will be a bit more revenue coming in though.
    Last edited by Lensor; 03-12-2012 at 11:47.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I don't yet have any routine - essays and the phenomenal amounts of reading my university demands of me gets in the way at the moment (dammit ArenaNet, for releasing the game just before I started back). Perhaps over the Christmas break I can get something like a routine organised.

That said, I never really log in with much of a plan regarding daily or monthlies. Past week or so, my logon time consisted of some sPvP, some WvW (after denouncing it as '****ing dull' I decided I needed to make sure I was sure about this). I've got my eye on something I need for farm matts for now, so I guess I will spend some time around Cursed Shore trying to rustle up some Giant Eyes (donations welcome). But generally, I just kinda wander around and find stuff to do, especially since guesting is not in yet and I'm too stubborn to transfer.

I don't have much money. I got lucky, I had some gems leftover from some character slot purchases, so when the price spiked, I sold. This is mainly what funded most of the exotic gear for my ele (though I had to then transmute it, as it was fugly). I don't craft, so I sold a bunch of materials too, and that funded a new staff and some celestial dye. I maybe have 5g to my name at the moment, but WvW has been so kind as to give some exotic drops to sell, which funded the last piece of my exotic armor.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    BladeDVD: Don't worry about dungeons, lots of people are slowly progressing or doing what you're doing, I am still doing dungeons I have not done before, and joining people who likewise don't know what they are doing. PUGs are still in the discovery phase. I know you get a different impression here, but frankly, you should think of forum-goers as being more dedicated to gaming than average... because that's why they go on forums to begin with...

Mesmer is slow, but if you want some extra speed, you can use blink to teleport ahead, and I think the focus has a skill to give you a speed boost (temporal something). There's also an elite skill you can use afaik, I never did get that one so I don't know how useful it is.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I'm only now making progress on dungeons. I've only done story up to TA and the only explorables I've done are AC.

My routine is do what I feel like... usually a goal like mapping or progressing in some way. Towards the end of the night I'll look at how far I've gone on the daily and finish it if close.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Tips on dailies...

On longer nights, I prefer to start with a dungeon. Dungeons get you lots of kills, and some kill variety too. Then I can do whatever is missing in other formats. I am learning what are some good locations for getting events (there's a quest chain in the norn early areas where the shaman is, also I assume orr quest chain still works).

WvW is also very good for farming the gathering daily, as well as getting some kill variety and some events. Things like defending a control point or a dolyak (or attacking them) count as events. So if you're just doing your daily, why not contribute to your monthly WvW at the same time?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Aurora Glade[EU]
    Guild

Lore School[GWen]
    Daily:
    1. On busy days(This should take less than 2 hours):
      • 3 PvP matches(enough to get dailies);
      • Go to EB for PvE dailies(gathering everything, killing fauna and sometimes join a zerg);
      • 5 minutes inventory management and TP checks;
    2. On normal days
      • Pop a Glory booster and play matches for an hour;
      • Either go to EB or random level 55+ zone for dailies;
      • Wandering around in a dragon zone waiting for a dragon event chain and complete it;
      • One or two dungeon runs with pugs or guildies;
      • One run for LA jumping puzzles + one ramdom jumping puzzle around the world.

Weekends:
    • Same as above;
    • 10 or more levels on my current leveling character(a level 30 charr now);

Monthly:
    • Just get the Pve/PvP monthly achievements.

I'm not a big fan of orr zones and not playing much fractals because there is a very high chance my client will crash after 3rd-4th fractal and I wont be able to rejoin my team. I'm still level 2 on fractals and I'm going to play more when they are going to fix the rejoin thing. So yeah, not very rich >_>
    Last edited by Sharkinu; 03-12-2012 at 16:52.

If the stars align, I can usually get a daily done in Queensdale in 20 minutes. There are just so many DE's that are right in the pathway to kill all creatures and pick all the things. Best bet from Divinity is to see if the farms/quarry have any, then run up to the waterworks, skip through that to get to the other farm. Between them there are at least 8+ DEs that happen pretty quickly. Heck the Troll is usually back to back. With the two chests to randomly pick up some ok loot, it's a good spot to be.

I mainly sell off the mats since they are unwanted. Keep any of the jewels/dye I harvested.

With the loot now scaling more than not, sometimes I pop a MF to see if I can get something Masterwork/rare to replace whatever equipment I'm hauling.

It's easy leveling too, with a daily coming in at least 1.5 levels with the experience and the DE's.

I bet one could do 60 days (probably less due to DE's) of just Queensdale to get a character to 80.

I have already got to level 80 on my main, got all the exploration map areas, got 100% world completion, finished the personal story, and can't seem to get a Arah story mode PUG together (when the dungeon isn't bugged closed). I also have 7 alts that are sitting between levels 2 and 4 waiting to finish the exploration of all the main cities.

I have a pretty set routine that I do every day on my level 80 main. First thing when I log on and then periodically after I check to see if any of my real life friends are playing. If so, I join them in whatever they are doing. If they aren't or after they stop playing I concentrate on my dailies in Queensdale. Besides finishing my dailies my main purpose for being there is to get all the low level crafting materials drops and weapons/armor that my alts can use. The weapon/armors come mostly from drops, but I have found the easiest way to get the crafting materials is by harrasing bandits, centaurs, or skritt for their bag drops. Once I finish my dailies I usually just run from waterworks to farm through the bandit cave for more bags and work on my harpy slayer title. I finish the day by distributing the weapons/armors to my alts and selling/trading everything else. I am getting close to have a stack of all the tier 1 crafting materials, so at that point I probably will move to Kessex Hills and start working on tier 2. At some point in the future I will probably start working on leveling up my alts by getting 100% exploration of all the main cities and getting all their weapon skills unlocked.

Put me in the "what the hell ever" category as well. I play and enjoy every aspect of the game, from crafting to sPvP, WvW to dungeons.

Now that my three favorite characters are level 80, I'm slowly kitting them out to be min-maxed for WvW. That's being financed primarily by my thief finishing up 100% map completion and all dungeon paths. Superior runes of divinity are absurdly expensive, so it's going to take a while.

The rewards present themselves so beautifully though; yesterday I 'Kill Shot' a caster for nearly 10k and I don't even have half the equipment I want yet. I've heard rumors you can get a 20k Kill Shot.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Daily/Monthly

I log in, check the TP on how "hot" items are doing (buy/sell); Farm fractals lvl 10+; farm dungeons; farm DE's; check TP; Log off.

@Fae - is it even possible to farm 10g in an hour; besides selling some good drops? If so, I am all ears.
    Last edited by Смерть; 04-12-2012 at 07:04.