PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    Jest aside, something like this would be great. Wouldn't really separate US/Euro though, unless there are technical reasons for it.
    Technical reasons... When they promised you could play with everybody? They should have anticipated that earlier then. Like when they started with the game infrastructure... Technical reasons are not valid. The only reason that is valid is a design reason. But then they lied when they said that everybody could play with everybody.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    No. I said to get a guild that doesn't suck so they can help you if you so desperately want to waste everyone's time doing group events that aren't worth completing.
    Shouldn't every player be allowed to make his/her own judgement about whether a particular bit of content is fun or worth completing? Should anyone have to feel bad about wasting the time of other players just because s/he wants to try content that s/he paid for but hasn't yet had a chance to do? I have a problem with the idea that my fun is subject to some kind of majority rule and that those who get to a piece of content first get to pass judgement on it that makes it more difficult for those who come later to experience it for themselves. I have a problem with the idea that I need to feel ashamed simply for wanting to play something of my choice at a time that is convenient for me. I have a problem with the idea that I must follow the herd or accept being doomed to frustration.

I also have a problem with the idea that my guild "sucks" and shouldn't be allowed to exist because it's too small to ensure that a number of guildies are always around when I am.
    Last edited by BrettM; 11-12-2012 at 13:36.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rhonwyn View Post
    Technical reasons... When they promised you could play with everybody? They should have anticipated that earlier then. Like when they started with the game infrastructure... Technical reasons are not valid. The only reason that is valid is a design reason. But then they lied when they said that everybody could play with everybody.
    I agree that it should be possible, what I meant to say is that it might not be possible because of their infrastructure and it's too late to change it now or something like that. Anyway, we can still hope

The devs said a gw2lfg.com solution is coming in game. I can't imagine why it would take much effort and isn't already here, but at least it's coming. Who knows, maybe it will be here Friday.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    That is great news o' well-brushed bundle of fluffiness!

Now they just need to fix (cross-region!) guesting and implement alliances (aka multi-guild chat channels) and we should be golden.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Officer in The Order of Dii [Dii]

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Great news on the group finder. I wonder how that will work... Dungeon finder will be a great start, but it would be nice too to help with persistent-area density problems.

Quote Originally Posted by satenia View Post
    Personally I wouldn't call it "better" if Anet implemented a solution, I would call it required.
    So it's a terminology problem?

Or is there a fleshed out list of "must-have" before a game can get your seal of approval?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I think the talk about everything solo'able is silly.

Wars and battles aren't won by one person. The real issue is getting people to play it, and a LFG solution is the best answer, the only answer.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by Xycury View Post
    I think the talk about everything solo'able is silly.

Wars and battles aren't won by one person. The real issue is getting people to play it, and a LFG solution is the best answer, the only answer.
    it's actually a horrible solution, it's the whole reason why most of the game is done trough share loot without teaming.
    the biggest problem is teams for dungeons and what they really need to do is scale the dungeon according to variety instead of rewarding teams because they have a guardian in the team.

they might actually make a system where one of each profession is actually getting a bigger reward then more of the same, giving allot more professions a chance in a team.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    If guardians are unbalanced (and I am not saying that they are) then a balance update should fix this... not some gimmick to reward teams made of 1 of each. Besides, I've been in dungeon teams with all professions so far, and in my admittedly limited experience, nobody ever gets rejected based on profession, even thieves and mesmers. I'm surprised they pulled that off so well.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    even thieves and mesmers.
    That's kind of an odd statement. I prefer having 1 or both in a group for the utility they both bring (on the rare occasion I am not playing my own thief in dungeons/fractals.) Are people prejudice against those two professions for some reason? If so I've never encountered it.