PC Gaming News
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    I'm with Alaris, I don't think the GW is the greatest weapon. On the other hand I'm with Alaris that all weapons are good.

Alaris knows all.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yeah, it's pretty amazing that you can take any weapon set, and actually find a use for it where it's pretty much the best choice. Scepter has been great in some solo fights.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    & most of BladeDVD (so why the dvd?)
    I used to help admin a DVD discussion forum and I collected them (over a 1,000 discs, they take up part of a wall in my living room) until blu ray came out. When I sign up on new sites, I try to use Blade, but it's usually taken (as it was here) and so I just added on DVD as it was the first thing to come to mind and it had taken up so much of my time since about 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    "Build" includes main/off-hand items, yes?
    What if I do care for efficiency, but don't care for constant weapon switching? Then I get no defense skills apart from utility, unless my chosen weapon(s) include them.
    Having the option to chose a few skills from a pool would also reduce the problem of bad builds, without forcing people to use specific weapons just to defend themselvs.
    I guess for me, I just accept weapon skills/switching as being similar to chess and how each piece has its movement rules. If I want my knight to be able to move diagonally 3 spaces over other pieces, then I'm not really playing chess anymore. I mean, of course you can objectively argue whether the GW2 system is better or worse than any other system you might use, but unlike, for example, complaining about how easy/hard/AI quality a dungeon path is/has, there's zero change for change of such a basic mechanic. And you can't deny that it certainly has its benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    *good great sword post*
    I go GS and s/focus on my mesmer. I don't like the staff because it's damage seemed too random and unpredictable. I liked the GS because they seemed to offer decent and reliable ranged damage options (I don't really notice the noise from skill 1, also, frickin' laser beams! lol). Then I traited for retaliation when I hit F2 and go in and use the melee range sword skills when I have a few phantoms up. I need to check out those confusion builds though. They sound like good damage.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I might use greatsword more often in WvW... Because there, it pays to be able to hit foes at a long distance. Not sure what my other set might be.

In PvE though, so far it's staff & dual sword for me.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about