PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warrior melee soloed Lupicus in 15 mins

Actually, 8,5 mins.

With 2x speed (~4,25 mins, more action!):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3tmLBu7smA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCcaGwD2m1Y

Last edited by Wethospu; 02-01-2013 at 07:16. Reason: thanks Raye!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    That you did it with mostly Berzerker's is just...

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Nice!

We are so awesome.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Gandara
    Guild

Dii
    So that's why you were learning to do video editing? Pretty awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pointless View Post
    That you did it with mostly Berzerker's is just...
    Do you think I have all day long with tank-stuff? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wethospu View Post
    Thank you for posting this, I think the need for players to run Berserker's gear on Warriors still hasn't sunk in for most people. Maybe this will help though I doubt it...

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xunlai Agent View Post
    I think the need for players to run Berserker's gear on Warriors still hasn't sunk in for most people.
    "Need" is a bit much. Going with offensive stats is definitely more efficient when you know how to avoid taking damage in the first place, especially on professions that are already resilient, like warriors and necromancers.

But a warrior running a dual-sword bleed-heavy setup would want some condition damage too. And one who wants to have fun going party support with banners and shouts could make use of healing power and boon duration (yes yes, I know, yuck. Would probably be pretty awful for wandering about on your own in PvE too)

There aren't a whole lot of areas where you "need" to be as efficient as possible. For the vast majority of the content, anything will work. Probably why it hasn't "sunk in" yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Dust View Post
    "Need" is a bit much. Going with offensive stats is definitely more efficient when you know how to avoid taking damage in the first place, especially on professions that are already resilient, like warriors and necromancers.

But a warrior running a dual-sword bleed-heavy setup would want some condition damage too. And one who wants to have fun going party support with banners and shouts could make use of healing power and boon duration (yes yes, I know, yuck. Would probably be pretty awful for wandering about on your own in PvE too)

There aren't a whole lot of areas where you "need" to be as efficient as possible. For the vast majority of the content, anything will work. Probably why it hasn't "sunk in" yet.
    Past level 30 Fractals it's a different story, I have no interest in the rest of PvE content but if you can avoid dying past level 30 FotM then you have no excuse to run herp derp tanky gear anywhere else. The reason it hasn't sunk in yet is because people haven't realised how to master PvE with ease, once the player population catches on there will be a shift. Ask anybody playing past level 45 fractals whether they run equipment other than zerkers would be my challenge, you won't find many if any.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    That's pretty much what I said. You only need the efficiency for the biggest challenges. With every "infinitely-increasing difficulty dungeon", there comes a point where the only way to progress is to use the most effective tools available to you, in the most effective way possible. And then there comes a point where it's pretty much impossible to progress.

But that's just a fraction of the content, and only relevant to the rest of the game as far as ease of completion is concerned. You might "need" to go full-berserker for 30+ fractals, but nobody "needs" this for the rest of the game. It will make it easier, but you can complete and enjoy the vast majority of the content without it. I tend to gravitate towards offensive equipment and builds myself, but having no interest in high level fractals, I'm never gonna complain at anyone who's running a tanky build.

Though I'd probably try suggesting a change of tactics, equipment and skills. There's not much passive tanking to be done in GW2, you have to mitigate through movement, dodging and skills/conditions (blinds, blocks, etc.).
    Last edited by The King of Dust; 29-12-2012 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Dust View Post
    That's pretty much what I said. You only need the efficiency for the biggest challenges. With every "infinitely-increasing difficulty dungeon", there comes a point where the only way to progress is to use the most effective tools available to you, in the most effective way possible. And then there comes a point where it's pretty much impossible to progress.

But that's just a fraction of the content, and only relevant to the rest of the game as far as ease of completion is concerned. You might "need" to go full-berserker for 30+ fractals, but nobody "needs" this for the rest of the game. It will make it easier, but you can complete and enjoy the vast majority of the content without it. I tend to gravitate towards offensive equipment and builds myself, but having no interest in high level fractals, I'm never gonna complain at anyone who's running a tanky build.

Though I'd probably try suggesting a change of tactics, equipment and skills. There's not much passive tanking to be done in GW2, you have to mitigate through movement, dodging and skills/conditions (blinds, blocks, etc.).
    I wouldn't ever run a tanky build and I would attempt to avoid any player that does like the plague. The loss of efficiency is grating and the game is absolutely about movement, dodging and skills for damage mitigation or outright avoidance. My point was that if you can learn to plan in high level fractals then you can glass cannon the entire game which is what I do on my across all of my characters.