PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Missed Ancient Karka Event Chests Shipping now!

ArenaNet is shipping the Lost Shore event item – the Ancient Karka Chest – to those that missed it, due to disconnects or “no-reward-occurences”, now. So if you participated in the event and did not get the reward chest, there is a good chance you will find it in an in-game mail during the next [...]

More...

By: Gorani

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Guild

MVOP
    What about the rest of us who missed it because we had to be away with work?!!

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    There's a big difference between "I was actually there and something went wrong" and "I wasn't there because of real life / timezone / couldn't be bothered / badgers made me not log in"

This is a fix for the former, anet are looking at the latter via various bits of feedback that have been given since the One Time Only Karka event. Let's see how it moves forward from here.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Damn you badgers!!!!!

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Gunnar's Hold
    Guild

[LLS] [OX] [GRIF]
    I got one of these chests in my mail this morning. But... I was at the event, didn't disconnect, and got the chest at the end of the event. I heard that they were sending out chests to people that "qualified" for them, but I really didn't think I would qualify, due to having not disconnected and having already looted the chest. It is still sitting in my mail, I haven't opened it, and I don't think customer service mail has "return to sender" option. I sort of feel strange about this, I mean, I wouldn't want to have got it by mistake when they should have sent it to someone else. So I'm really not sure what to do about it.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    They really should do something about those badgers. And Saint Troy, just open it. They're giving you the chest because you _could_ have not got it I suspect.

I didn't get one, but I did get disconnected twice, but was able to make it to one of the overflows.

I really wonder what their script qualified an account that should get one, ^^ Saint Troy is a prime example that it didn't work right.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Troy View Post
    I got one of these chests in my mail this morning. But... I was at the event, didn't disconnect, and got the chest at the end of the event. I heard that they were sending out chests to people that "qualified" for them, but I really didn't think I would qualify, due to having not disconnected and having already looted the chest. It is still sitting in my mail, I haven't opened it, and I don't think customer service mail has "return to sender" option. I sort of feel strange about this, I mean, I wouldn't want to have got it by mistake when they should have sent it to someone else. So I'm really not sure what to do about it.
    The chest they send out is account bound. So is the 20 slot bag and the trinket. However you could find someone who was at the event and didn't get the chest (and didn't get the mail) and send them the exotics.

(for the record, I did attend the event and was able to get the chest, so I'm not asking for the exotics in any way)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Missed Ancient Karka
    Exotic splendors unknown
    Sail to me next tide

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    There's a big difference between "I was actually there and something went wrong" and "I wasn't there because of real life / timezone / couldn't be bothered / badgers made me not log in"

This is a fix for the former, anet are looking at the latter via various bits of feedback that have been given since the One Time Only Karka event. Let's see how it moves forward from here.
    yet, I've heard from people that got the mail who didn't event try.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Troy View Post
    And this. People who did get the chest and rewards also got the mail. So, they goofed again. Either send it only to people who actually got disconnected at the event and if you cannot differentiate between those and those that didn't even try or even actually got the chest, send it to everybody.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)