PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Even though I didn't hate this JP and I was able to complete it... I actually sort of agree, as well. It's not much of a puzzle at all.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I would most likely be able to finish this one. If I didn't quit after 3 tries simply because of the waiting time.
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    I'd like the jumping puzzle a lot more if the time limit was removed. Or relaxed a bit.

Not sure if I mentioned it here or elsewhere, but a lot of my problem comes from the fact that I feel the need to rush. So I miss the simplest of jumps, but if I felt like I could just stop for a moment I could make it easily.

But then there's zero challenge...

might as well just give you reward when you log

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post

what is the challenge of having to wait for a few minutes when you fall after 5 seconds? Yes, that's fun...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Agree it'd be nice to remove wait but was talking about timer.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    take the jumping puzzle in plains of ashford for instance, it has some nasty stuff but you can take your time preparing for it.
    every part of the puzzle has ether a patience part or a part where failure is a minimum risk, it even has some fun parts like a secret door and a skeleton that revers to Indiana Jones.
    this JP can be that just as much, remove the timer, make the platforms less likely to break and make the puzzle more interesting trough equal level (not you upscaled to lvl 80 but they downscaled to your level) monsters to keep it interesting.

i really rather fight some monsters throughout the puzzle then deal with some annoying race.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Not sure about fighting monsters. Jumping puzzle should be a puzzle - figure out where to jump. Not a fight.
    Monsters just slow you down and make you fall if they hit you just before you jump.

But - remove the slowed at combat machanic and I'm ok with monsters in my jumping puzzles :).

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosia View Post
    Not sure about fighting monsters. Jumping puzzle should be a puzzle - figure out where to jump. Not a fight.
    Monsters just slow you down and make you fall if they hit you just before you jump.

But - remove the slowed at combat machanic and I'm ok with monsters in my jumping puzzles :).
    if you jump while there is a monster close to you then you are not getting the point, they are suppose to slow you down so you need to fight them before continuing the JP.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post

Not all of us are adept at jumping. I know, it's hard to imagine, but some people have varying skill levels.

Zero challenge for you may still be a challenge to me.

Honestly what I'd like to see is different levels of difficulty for the jumping puzzle. Give reduced rewards for the easier tiers, but at least it'd be something. Right now all I get is frustration and wasted time.

You could, for example, remove or greatly lessen the health degeneration for the easier difficulty. Poof. Same jumps, same route, but I can take my time and maybe even complete it. Then for the harder difficulties increase the degeneration. You have to go faster -- but get better rewards at the end.