PC Gaming News

Can I run it properly

Hey,

I know there's probably some specific section I should have posted in but I'm runing short on time so please excuse me for not looking for it and posting here.

I want to get either diablo 3 or gw 2 right now and my choice is more GW2. The only problem is I can't figure out if I will be able to enjoy playing the game with my PC specs (I'm not talking about runing it, I would also like to enjoy the game play and not curse while my machine freezes). Thats the only thing holding me back from buying the game right now.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ CPU speed 3.0 GHz, 2gb DDR2 RAM, GeForce 8600 GTS, Win XP SP3
    Also noticed people asking for resolutions etc so Im runing it on 1280x1024 (32bit)

Thanks for your time and help, your answers will basically determine if I go GW2 or D3

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    With my main rig down, I'm running GW2 on a Dell Inspiron laptop with no problems at all. Processor is dual-core 2.3 GHz, ordinary laptop-type graphics card, Win 7. With a 3.0 GHz processor and a GeForce, I can't see you having any trouble.

So you think I'll be able to enjoy the gameplay? I'm really worried about constantly freezing or having to see a "slideshow" on pvp or in parties with all other clases using their skills.

Thanks for your opinion and I'd appreciate some more answers.

The game client is really efficient. I'm playing on a 6 year old Macbook pro without any problems at all with GW2, while TSW client crashes frequently.
    Still, should be getting a slim new iMac soon

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by skyshock View Post
    So you think I'll be able to enjoy the gameplay? I'm really worried about constantly freezing or having to see a "slideshow" on pvp or in parties with all other clases using their skills.

Thanks for your opinion and I'd appreciate some more answers.
    I can't speak about PvP, as I don't do PvP, but I didn't have a slide show on my old pc, and that one had specs way below yours (it barely met the minimum). It wasn't a 60+FPS either but it was very good playable. There are only some areas which are a bit harder on the hardware, such as the hometown of the Charr. Luckily, I didn't have to go there very often....
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order Of Dii [Dii]
    Depends on what you mean by "properly" of course. The GW2 client is very efficient and scaleable, so you should be able to play pretty lag-free even on a lower-spec rig (I would however get a tiny little bit more RAM if I were you). You wont be able to do so while also having all the bells and whistles active though, especially in higher density areas.

A pity you were not around a couple of weeks ago when there was the free trial weekend, you could have checked it our for yourself (keeping to the starter areas etc. not infested with event weekend lagfests). Hopefully ANet will have more trials coming up if you want to try before buying.
    IGN Bark N Mad. Leader of The Order of Dii [Dii]

Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately there is no chance to test it out before buying. I've also asked this question in some other forum and the general consensus is that I could pretty much play it except the most interesting part (the wvw wars). I guess I should just go for it and maybe look to get some more RAM along the way.