PC Gaming News

Ban Hammer Comes Down on 34,000 Accounts in November

ArenaNet have been swinging the ban hammer in their battle against bot users with 34,000 accounts being terminated in November alone. ArenaNet’s*Mike Lewis posted a new blog update which explains the mass account terminations and how they have been tacking the issue over the past couple of months. Read the full blog update*to find out [...]

More...

By: Rushster

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii], Do Not Revive Asura [Ever], When Zergs Collide [CERN]
    Dang.

That is a lot of money; around 2 million 40 thousand* -- minus accounts that used bogus CD Keys, etc. Nice to see ANet acting aggressively against it.

*number X $60
    Last edited by Смерть; 13-12-2012 at 20:41.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Those "Hojohojo" rangers outside LA in Gendarran Fields (Aurora Glade) are finally gone.
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

Unfortunately some areas are empty without the bots. For example, down the Splintered Coast defending the lab becomes a chore now unless it is near dragon farming time. I missed the time when those bots would accidently run into those Kraits and made my job much easier. It is really lonely there now if you happen to get a new character into that area to map. Just the other day, my Mesmer got killed by the kraits while the she was loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Unfortunately some areas are empty without the bots. For example, down the Splintered Coast defending the lab becomes a chore now unless it is near dragon farming time. I missed the time when those bots would accidently run into those Kraits and made my job much easier. It is really lonely there now if you happen to get a new character into that area to map. Just the other day, my Mesmer got killed by the kraits while the she was loading.
    This was the single positive use I found for bots. Other than that, I hate them.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts1000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Isle of Janthir
    Guild

The Fuzzy Physics Institute
    I'm not sure the bots are so much gone as transformed into something more sophisticated than a bunch of rangers with unnamed bears. I've been seeing a lot of individuals hitting gathering nodes and then vanishing into thin air lately.