PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    One thing to consider is if you're on a standard HD or a SSD. As the SSD will load things up a looooooot faster. It doesn't help loading into LA/busy places *that* much, but yeah, generally there's a big difference between someone on a fancy SSD and someone on an aging, but perfectly functional machine.
    I had GW2 installed on my HDD. I bought a new PC, this one with a SSD. I didn't notice any difference.... (I first started it from the HDD, after a week I moved it on my SSD)
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    It feels kind of slow to me. It used to be faster but, there was an update at some point a while back, forget when, that left a noticeable increase in the load times. No SSD here (they're too small for the price for me), running on WD Blacks. I get a lot of jittery loads in places like LA when I'm panning around as the game loads things.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

My PC is about 2 years old, so I put the slow load times down to that.

But I've seen it on my brother in law's much faster PC and it is still slower than GW1 was in my memory (though faster than on my machine).

That part I put down to being a much more complicated game than GW1. But it's still just extra seconds, not like I'm waiting half a minute for a single loading screen.

I think part of the problem is that the WP fee causes some of us to take longer routes than necessary to save a bit of money. I still do this (though I'm demonstrably poorer than the average poster here it seems lol) but there's no question that doing things to avoid WP fees will make it take longer to get from point a to b. I don't like it, but it's not bad enough to really get upset about it, and I know that outside of times when I'm doing a lot of porting but little playing, I'm just being a bit pennywise/poundfoolish.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    for me its actually pretty unacceptable. Loading into LA is good 45 seconds, and I timed Divinity's Reach today... 32 seconds. It shouldn't be that bad =|

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Pretty bad considering I'm on i7, 8gb RAM, SSD (game is on there) and gtx 680. It did used to be faster, I'm sure of it...

Haven't timed it, just notice that it's annoyingly long to load zones.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    ****ing terrible. 45s minimum.
    i7 2ghz, radeon 6750m, 8gb ram, 5200rpm hdd, I think.
    Why only a 5200RPM?

About waypointing, sometimes you get an instant positioning, and sometimes you get the loading screen. I haven't figured out why you'll get what...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

14seconds to load into the LA bank at 11.18pm server time, so it's still pretty busy out there. Not too bad.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

I also notice loading time has been getting longer nowadays. Lately my computer freezes occasionally when I switch to a different playing character.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

2nd star to the right
    Guild

wouldn't you like to know (maybe not)
    You're probably going to have a hard time finding anything other then a 5200 drive on a laptop if it isn't a SSD drive.

While we're on computer specks...

i7 3930k, 16 gigs or ram, GTX 670 on WD Blacks and the loading time is pretty slow. Slow enough that I don't like mapping if I can help it. I haven't timed it but, going to somewhere like LA is well over 30 seconds.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I guess I should post mine too... maybe there's something obviously wrong with my hardware setup

8gb ram, GTX 460, 7200rpm, i5-650 3.2 ghz

eh maybe i just need to upgrade to i7 or something.