GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

January 2013 Monthlies

New monthlies are up! No ??/?? this time around.

* WvW Kills (50)
    * Event participation (This is probably 100?)
    * Jumping puzzles discovered (No idea how many)
    * Fractals (7)

The jumping puzzles seems to just count *discovering* them, not doing them, but I can't confirm this yet.

And personally, I'm sooooo bored of the Fractals being the monthly :P I'll do 'em, but zzzzz. Not my favourite part of the game.

Ah well, I'm nearly done with my WvW kills, so I'd best go back to that.

Enjoy!
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I'm tired of the WvW requirement =( I never get the monthlies because of that one. I have nothing against it... I just want a different one every once in a while

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    The jumping puzzles seems to just count *discovering* them, not doing them, but I can't confirm this yet.
    Which seems weird. I counted the number of achievements in the jumping puzzle tab, and there are 44 total. The first tier of the monthly is 10 puzzles discovered.

So either there are going to be a whole bunch more jumping puzzles added, or the achievement is going to be returning to places that many people have been already.

I haven't been seeking jumping puzzles at all (though I know others have) and I've completed 26 jumping puzzles. Will I just need to go revisit the starting locations for those for the achievement? Or run through them again? Either way, seems really strangely easy.

The first time I checked my monthly I had already finished WvW and fractals. I know dailies misrepresent if you don't start a category, but I do a lot of WvW and fractals lately. Anyone else getting free completion of those tracks this month?

Also totally random thought on fractals that I don't know where to put: My wife bought be the movie Suckerpunch for christmas. It involves for actiony babes doing "fractals" in different time periods and genres, from steampunk to scifi to medieval. It amused me rewatching it thinking of fractals.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I'm tired of the WvW requirement =( I never get the monthlies because of that one. I have nothing against it... I just want a different one every once in a while
    This this this

Tapatalk'd
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    Server

Desolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    And personally, I'm sooooo bored of the Fractals being the monthly :P I'll do 'em, but zzzzz. Not my favourite part of the game.
    Couldn't agree more... yeah I hear they are supposed to be better than dungeons and all, but bleh... usually what I do once I got everything else than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It really shouldn't be a stopper for the monthly Even as a PvE player (like me), it is quite easy to get along with WvW over the course of a month. Jump in, equip a ranged weapon and follow whatever commander is present on the map. It takes far far less effort than say Fractals...

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

It's a matter of just not doing WvW because I don't like it, not because I'm unable. I play a game for fun, if I don't find something fun, I don't do it. Simple as that heh. Like I said, I have nothing against the wvw achievement, I just wish they varied the monthlies a bit more. Fractals I do find fun, but I also wish they would swap it out. I'm asking for variance not claiming difficulty.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    It's not that it's HARD, it's that, for me, it is frustrating. I've done it in a few hours before, but that's a few hours I don't generally want to invest in WvWvW because it frustrates me to NO END as anyone who has been on guild chat while I am working on it can testify.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

RD, Raye, I wish I could come over there and show you the funtimes to be had :( <3
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

*fry squint* I'm not sure having you kill me over and over constitutes as fun darling Fae. =P