Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Shattering skills and traits

Moved the discussion here because we were high-jacking a thread in General with our mesmer talk with Alaris... teeheehee

I pretty much generate clones without trying at this point, because of how i've traited my mesmer and my weapon choices. I often find myself thinking "y u no recharged yet F-skills?!?!" except for f4... f4 is my panic button, but i use it soooo little.
    Last edited by Raye; 21-12-2012 at 23:40.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I pretty much generate clones without trying at this point, because of how i've traited my mesmer and my weapon choices. I often find myself thinking "y u no recharged yet F-skills?!?!" except for f4... f4 is my panic button, but i use it soooo little.
    Hello little post. Are you lost? You sound like you're talking to this post over here.

If so, run along and play, you're not quite in the right spot.

Or I'm just confused. Which is entirely possible.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Umm no, I was just making a general comment about generating clones quickly as a response to Alaris's post above mine. That's all.

This bit in particular I suppose:

Quote Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
    Currently, I go for just about any trait that lets me produce more clones and illusions, and use that for defence when I need it or shatters when I have more than I need.
    edit to add: I guess I should clarify that when I say f-skills I mean the shatter skills... <_< /sorry for the confusion (lol though as a mesmer i'm seldom sorry about generating confusion hahahah... i know i'm not funny >___>)
    Last edited by Raye; 21-12-2012 at 22:55.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Ahh. Then nothing to see here, move along. I'm clearly not paying enough attention to what I'm reading.

I blame the Sieve of Eratosthenes, and prime numbers. And stun happy golems. And... leprechauns.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I should clarify that when I say f-skills I mean the shatter skills...
    Against big groups, I like to quickly make 3 clones, hit F1, make 3 more, hit F2. I call it "dropping an F-bomb!"
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Indeedio. I actually just shatter illusions as soon as I have 3. It takes so little time to generate another 3...

I also have the trait that has illusions cause confusion when killed and also the one that does it on shatter. I've been using the scepter too, so I dish so much confusion it's kind of insane.. I think I had 11 stacks going on a boss at some point. It's <3

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    As I understand it, confusion is only good against foes that spam skills, i.e. not so good against trash mobs.

The "on killed" and "on shatter" are mutually exclusive, because if you shatter them, they are not killed. So I see the first as defensive, the second as offensive. Not sure what I prefer atm, but having both is something I had not considered before.
    Last edited by Raye; 21-12-2012 at 23:46. Reason: (maybe we should move that to a mesmer thread) done =]
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

It's generally true, yeah, but I find that it causes significant damage generally. I cause confusion pretty much by osmosis.

I did the "killed" and "on shatter" thing on purpose, just so that everytime a clone goes poof whether on purpose or not, it causes confusion. I also have the trait that causes confusion to last 33% longer and so on...

If I had to describe my build I'd say I have a confusing-illusion-shatterer. In case you're curious, this is my goal mesmer at the moment:
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...ow270c7ofD8ofY
    I might tweak it eventually, but I really like it so far.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...ow270c7ofD8ofY

This is what I am going for. Keep in mind that most traits that boost a weapon are useless to me, because I love to swap between swords (great or not), staff, and pistol. Maybe sometimes other weapons too.

I have no idea if the build's any good. I just picked and choosed whatever sounded fun. Please feel free to criticize.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Likewise. Feel free to criticize mine.

The only thing that really jumps at me is the inclusion of Blade Training, even though you said you don't always use the sword. Maybe a more general thread would be better there. Also, are you not going to unlock the Grandmaster tier? You also have 2 break-stun skills, which i suppose is good, just wondering if it was intentional.

I generally found, with mesmer traits anyway, that the minor ones are more potent than the major ones... but I could be wrong about that.