PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]

Did the Mesmer get Squishier?

Hello fellow Mesmers,

After the last update, I noticed my mesmer is no longer able to take a punch like he used to. I used to be able to hold my own against 3 to 5 enemies, but now I'm getting downed in 2 or 3 hits. My armor is fine, at level (50), and I'm fighting mobs that are 2 to 3 levels below me in a 15-25 scaled area.

Am I imagining this or did they lower the survivability of the mesmer in the past few updates somewhere?

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I want to go play...
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

How's your toughness? Maybe stick some armor on that gives a bonus to it if you're lacking. Also as you progress, I imagine enemies do get a bit stronger to encourage you to dodge more.

Sent from my ultra-trendy iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Maybe hitting F4 once in a while would help?

If they balanced the mesmer to be more squishy, that's bad news. I was under the impression he was pretty squishy last time I played compared to the press beta. Squishier still? Ugh.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

I haven't played mine yet since the update.

The game is bound by numbers and formulas, I don't see why there would be an IF(Mesmer),Weak,notWeak) in there.

The game would change if that was the case for everyone, not just a class. Do any of the other Light armors taking more damage as well?

I will test tonight and update.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I only have a Mesmer, so I can't speak to any of the other light-armor classes. As for dodging and such, I'm actually quite good at dodging and playing smart, which is exactly why I noticed my survivability drop. I'm also aware that enemies will get tougher as I go on, but right now I'm just mapping, and I've already mapped two other 15-25 areas with no trouble.

Alternatively, they may have just made the AI smarter. I noticed that they no longer pay attention to my clones, no matter how many I drop. They always come right for me.

They ignored my clones most of the time before... haven't played since update.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I almost never died before, and clones were a decently effective way to distract NPC enemies. Now they don't work at all. I know that Mesmers are basically OP in PvP right now, along with Thieves, so I figured they lowered the base survivability in order to offset the confusion clones cause for real players instead of NPCs.

However, it's also possible that for reasons completely unrelated to the game that I just had a bad run last night.

I feel like if they'd done something like that intentionally, it'd be in the notes. I haven't noticed a difference in my mesmer's survivability.
    Guild Wars - Erring Ryft | Guild Wars 2 - The Artless Dodger.2314

I have certainly felt squishier since the update. I've compensated by using chaos armour more, & yes, AI foes are almost completely ignoring clones now, even when you switch with one.