PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    I suggest you get that trait that causes illusions to add bleeds when they critical hit... sometimes the pistol phantasm stacks 8 bleeds in a few seconds. It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I suggest you get that trait that causes illusions to add bleeds when they critical hit... sometimes the pistol phantasm stacks 8 bleeds in a few seconds. It's pretty awesome.
    Oh wow, see that's something you learn by playing and can't see by looking at the traits. I still get the feeling mesmers can't add 25 stacks of bleeding to a mob like a warrior or thief, right?

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Yeah I don't think so.. I think about 10 to 15 is absolute maximum, and you'd have to be very lucky with the landing crits.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffball View Post
    It has a crazy short duration, doesn't it. The confusion of skill 3 on a scepter wears off before your clones can add F2 confusion. I guess it makes sense because confusion does crazy damage, but it makes it not ideal for PvE.
    This is one of my biggest problems with mesmers. Empathy, Panic, etc. were my favorite skills to bring along in GW 1. I liked playing Domination, where I get to win by letting you hurt yourself. In GW2, I find that tactic isn't really viable because the standard mobs are too weak, so they die way too quick, or the condition durations are just too short in general (which I would settle for as a degen build).
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Guild

MVOP
    Fluffy, now you see why I refer to it as the Minstrel.

Staff is your weapon of choice for conditions, but forget ever playing the class with the finesse of the Gw1 Mesmer.
    And the random boons/conditions is just painful.

I really want to buy anet so I can sack whoever worked on the Mesmer!

I run an 80 bleed+confusion Aura shatterer. Clones can be effective in pvp, but they only exist in pve for shattering, because the ai ignores them

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughAlready View Post
    Fluffy, now you see why I refer to it as the Minstrel.

Staff is your weapon of choice for conditions, but forget ever playing the class with the finesse of the Gw1 Mesmer.
    And the random boons/conditions is just painful.

I really want to buy anet so I can sack whoever worked on the Mesmer!

I run an 80 bleed+confusion Aura shatterer. Clones can be effective in pvp, but they only exist in pve for shattering, because the ai ignores them
    Actually I totally disagree with you. The mesmer forces me to interrupt and use confusion and shatters. That's, as far as I can tell. the best way to play them.

Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

snip
    You refer to it as the minstrel because it suits and/or you think you're being clever.

minĚstrel
    /ˈminstrəl/
    Noun
    1. A medieval singer or musician, esp. one who sang or recited poetry.
    2. A member of a band of entertainers with blackened faces who perform songs and music ostensibly of black American origin.

Synonyms
    bard - singer - poet

Enough of that. It doesn't progress the conversation in anyway, shape or form. Also, do you really think you know better than the team that designed professions in GW2, just because you don't like the class? I don't like the GW2 ele, so I guess I should buy ArenaNet and fire the team that worked on the ele!

It's a shame that you don't like the GW2 mesmer as much as you liked the GW1 mesmer, but really... enough of that talk.

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 Posts1 year registeredBlogger1000 Experience Points
    Guild

MVOP
    Fluffy: You were originally talking about a conditions Mes, not a shatterer. I was replying to that.
    So much for being friendly.

Raye: I refer to it as the Minstrel because in the original profession reveal it showed Minstrel, before the illusion shattered, revealing the Minstrel behind, not being clever :-p that & I haven't gotten further than the Anger stage of the grieving process.

If you want to buy Anet I'll happily go halvesies.

[edit]

This is the build I'm currently running.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcmc0mmzMMLrnmMLlnmGG9MxVRVaVRs8kiT7khT7kiH70 70M7kIB70V7ow270c7ofD8ofY

The one you posted fluffster looks interesting, if it was easier to switch between builds I'd give it a try now.
    I haven't been a fan of the sceptre, but am happy to give it another try.
    Last edited by EnoughAlready; 23-12-2012 at 09:59.

So much for being friendly.
    Wait what? I'm not being rude. Disagreeing with you is not rude.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    *snip* ...because the ai ignores them
    This hasn't been the case the case the past couple of days I've been playing my Mesmer. Sure, sometimes my illusions are ignored, but the majority of the time they've been attracting the enemy's attention.