PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT

Question Mysterious Present -> Princess Doll: Your experiences?

I don't like saying so, but most of the times I run away from them as soon as I grabbed the presents.

When I do fight them, I very nearly die, and have been downed several times.

Doesn't matter which region I'm in, btw.
    Most of the others I can handle - golems are annyoing, but having a pet helps (they stun me, but not Ravage - at least not always).

So, what about you? Am I the only one who runs away from a princess doll?
    (That sentence looks weird.)

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Aren't princess dolls the easiest if you pay attention to the Confusion? They do very little damage on their own, no?
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

Depends what I'm playing. On my warrior I have no problem once I learned to just use my bow. My mesmer does OK but I usually have to break combat midway.

The golems are the only ones that give me issues with either character. I get stunlocked and can't do anything. My warrior can slowly take them down but my mesmer can't take the dmg.

Achievements:
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Aren't princess dolls the easiest if you pay attention to the Confusion? They do very little damage on their own, no?
    I don't know.
    All I know is I start to fight them, and a few seconds later I'm dead because they drain my health faster than I can restore it. It must be a spell of sorts, but how do you keep track of what five of them are doing at the same time?

Are you melee? If you're close to them they apply lots of confusion... I think it's when they scream.

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I don't know.
    All I know is I start to fight them, and a few seconds later I'm dead because they drain my health faster than I can restore it. It must be a spell of sorts, but how do you keep track of what five of them are doing at the same time?
    It's easy. If they start crouching and screaming they are trying to apply 5 stacks of confusion to you. Each doll. If there's 5 of them that's 25 stacks of confusion on you so you quickly die if you try to use skills.

How to beat them? Either get away from them when they do that or wait for the confusion stacks to go away.

Did you really never notice that you were being bombarded by confusion?

Achievements:
    10 Posts6 months registered1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I consume the conditions or preferably transfer it to them. If you are not a Necromancer keep your distance and pack condition removal.

Moderator Achievements:
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Yeah but with princess: Open present and get knocked down -> princess surrounds you -> 25 stacks of confusion

If you have a friend or two in the close vicinity to shoot them down from distance, it's doable (though it's rarely worth the effort IMO).
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    The point is that confusion does nothing unless you use skills. So you can kite and afaik dodging is safe too. Wait till confusion wears out, and then start using your skills.

In theory anyway.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Its like empathy and backfire nicely bundled into a condition that stacks in intensity. If you don't have condition removal best thing to do is wait it out or run away.

Sent from my Little Robot