PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Cyberman's Avatar
    Server

    Piken Square
    Guild

    WHGT
    Posts

    1,228

    Question Mysterious Present -> Princess Doll: Your experiences?

    I don't like saying so, but most of the times I run away from them as soon as I grabbed the presents.

    When I do fight them, I very nearly die, and have been downed several times.

    Doesn't matter which region I'm in, btw.
    Most of the others I can handle - golems are annyoing, but having a pet helps (they stun me, but not Ravage - at least not always).

    So, what about you? Am I the only one who runs away from a princess doll?
    (That sentence looks weird.)

  2. #2
    Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    RD's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    Dii, TRUE
    Posts

    10,608
    Aren't princess dolls the easiest if you pay attention to the Confusion? They do very little damage on their own, no?
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

  3. #3
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Cyberman's Avatar
    Server

    Piken Square
    Guild

    WHGT
    Posts

    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by RDarken View Post
    Aren't princess dolls the easiest if you pay attention to the Confusion? They do very little damage on their own, no?
    I don't know.
    All I know is I start to fight them, and a few seconds later I'm dead because they drain my health faster than I can restore it. It must be a spell of sorts, but how do you keep track of what five of them are doing at the same time?

  4. #4
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Nemeon Lion's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Posts

    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I don't know.
    All I know is I start to fight them, and a few seconds later I'm dead because they drain my health faster than I can restore it. It must be a spell of sorts, but how do you keep track of what five of them are doing at the same time?
    It's easy. If they start crouching and screaming they are trying to apply 5 stacks of confusion to you. Each doll. If there's 5 of them that's 25 stacks of confusion on you so you quickly die if you try to use skills.

    How to beat them? Either get away from them when they do that or wait for the confusion stacks to go away.

    Did you really never notice that you were being bombarded by confusion?

  5. #5
    Depends what I'm playing. On my warrior I have no problem once I learned to just use my bow. My mesmer does OK but I usually have to break combat midway.

    The golems are the only ones that give me issues with either character. I get stunlocked and can't do anything. My warrior can slowly take them down but my mesmer can't take the dmg.

  6. #6
    Are you melee? If you're close to them they apply lots of confusion... I think it's when they scream.

  7. #7
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Cyberman's Avatar
    Server

    Piken Square
    Guild

    WHGT
    Posts

    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidCoqui View Post
    Are you melee? If you're close to them they apply lots of confusion... I think it's when they scream.
    Ranger, but still close - otherwise I couldn't use my skills and they run towards me anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    Did you really never notice that you were being bombarded by confusion?
    No, how/why should I?
    All I see is a lot of enemies, me attacking them, suddenly my health drops rapidly. I don't really have time to check each icon that appears. It's all a blurr of color anyway, was similar in GW1, didn't really check the symbols there either.

    I'd have looked up their specs on the wiki, but I don't think there are too many people writing on it. Or perhaps it's just all too new yet, and too much to do at once?

    Hm. I looked that confusion up on the wiki - does it really only apply when you activate the skill? It's going so fast, I'd not be surprised if it were per hit (Throwing axe - bounces, second skill hits multiple at once.)

  8. #8
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Raye's Avatar
    Server

    Jade Quarry
    Guild

    Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Posts

    2,199
    Yes, confusion is evil. Generally speaking, that's why mesmers spam it. I don't understand people who say confusion is useless in pve... it is not.

    Quote Originally Posted by nkuvu View Post
    Condition removal alone is sometimes a problem. Guardian went from 75% health to downed when using Smite Condition.
    As a guardian, you could trait yourself to remove conditions with your F2 virtue... it's a major trait on the virtues line. Just a suggestion =] I'm not sure if the virtue counts as a skill. (i.e. not sure if it would or wouldn't trigger confusion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    No, how/why should I?
    All I see is a lot of enemies, me attacking them, suddenly my health drops rapidly. I don't really have time to check each icon that appears. It's all a blurr of color anyway, was similar in GW1, didn't really check the symbols there either.

    I'd have looked up their specs on the wiki, but I don't think there are too many people writing on it. Or perhaps it's just all too new yet, and too much to do at once?

    Hm. I looked that confusion up on the wiki - does it really only apply when you activate the skill? It's going so fast, I'd not be surprised if it were per hit (Throwing axe - bounces, second skill hits multiple at once.)
    Yes, you should pay attention to your conditions or they kill you =P
    Like I said earlier, confusion is just like empathy + backfire in gw1... you'll just die if you don't take them off or wait them out. Conditions are on top of your utility skills, where your sigil and signets show up? Around there. Confusion has a swirly red icon. In addition, when you have confusion on you, you'll see purple clouds around your head.

    About the activation of confusion, your auto-attack is a skill, so as long as you're attacking them with confusion on, you'll be damaging yourself. You need to cancel that stuff as soon as you see the confusion signs.

    Edit to add: I think confusion is probably the worst condition to have on. Maybe on-par with some decent stacks of bleeding.
    Last edited by Raye; 26-12-2012 at 22:07.

  9. #9
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    nkuvu's Avatar
    Server

    Tarnished Coast
    Posts

    9,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    As a guardian, you could trait yourself to remove conditions with your F2 virtue... it's a major trait on the virtues line. Just a suggestion =] I'm not sure if the virtue counts as a skill. (i.e. not sure if it would or wouldn't trigger confusion)
    I have all of five points in Virtues. *shrug* My point is that the condition removal skills don't always help, but I've seen a lot of people claim that condition removal is the way to prevent any damage from confusion. My necromancer was downed by Consume Conditions and confusion.

    Also, have been out and about opening presents today. Found one with all dolls inside, and looked at combat log after killing them. Their basic ranged attack (Shoot) was doing 25-40 points of damage. With down-leveling in Metrica Province, my guardian has 870 health maximum. Just 25 points of damage doesn't sound like a lot, but with five dolls that's 125-200 points per volley. Not exactly something I'd call very little damage.

    Final edit (no, really)

    Found some toy golems in the same spot as the dolls. Golems were doing 15-23 damage (or so) with their ranged Shoot attack. Their Overload skill did 31-32 damage, and Pound did 40 damage (only hit with that one once).

    So dolls are definitely doing more damage with their ranged attack, not counting confusion.
    Last edited by nkuvu; 26-12-2012 at 22:49.

  10. #10
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Nemeon Lion's Avatar
    Server

    Kaineng
    Guild

    GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Posts

    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    No, how/why should I?
    All I see is a lot of enemies, me attacking them, suddenly my health drops rapidly. I don't really have time to check each icon that appears. It's all a blurr of color anyway, was similar in GW1, didn't really check the symbols there either.

    I'd have looked up their specs on the wiki, but I don't think there are too many people writing on it. Or perhaps it's just all too new yet, and too much to do at once?

    Hm. I looked that confusion up on the wiki - does it really only apply when you activate the skill? It's going so fast, I'd not be surprised if it were per hit (Throwing axe - bounces, second skill hits multiple at once.)
    That's your problem right there. You can't just charge in and spam attacks hoping for things to die. That's not exactly deep gameplay.

    If this was release day, I would understand, but 3 months in you really should be able to identify all possible boons and conditions just from their icon and world effect (in the case of the confusion, the purple clouds). If not, train yourself to be able to do so.

Posting Permissions

Posting Permissions

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off