Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    All the times I got hit with confusion, I was dead long before I even knew there was a new icon, because auto-attack was killing me.
    Oh c'mon, don't tell me you NEVER encountered confusion outside of the princess dolls? Seriously? Confusion only really poses a threat at large stacks. If it's only 1 (or even 5) stacks there's no way you can't react fast enough for you to notice your hp droping like mad. Unless you're a glass cannon, and even than it will be hard.

Unless your reaction time is somewhere along the lines of "10 seconds later I noticed something" also known as "punch first, ask later".

Of course, all of this outside the fact that you can learn what each confusion/effect/boon is by studying your own skills. Most of the time they inflict these effects which is explained.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    Oh c'mon, don't tell me you NEVER encountered confusion outside of the princess dolls? Seriously?
    At least I don't think so - where would I have encountered them? I'm still mostly in the beginners area, grinding daily achievement for XP.

If it's only 1 (or even 5) stacks there's no way you can't react fast enough for you to notice your hp droping like mad.
    Might be - but all I'd notice was my HP dropping and my enemies not dying. So I'd try harder to kill them, as I'd assume that their attacks are killing me, not that I'm losing HP because I'm using skills.

Of course, all of this outside the fact that you can learn what each confusion/effect/boon is by studying your own skills. Most of the time they inflict these effects which is explained.
    Does Ranger even have a skill that produces confusion?
    I've read the skills/traits/whatever, but I can't say I find the descriptions satisfactory. I'll read through them again.

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

I don't beleive that rangers can apply confusion but engineers, mesmers and warriors (through traits) can.

However, if an enemy applies confusion to you and you use a skill, you can actually see a pop-up dmg besides your in-game model (not in the UI) with a purple cloud. That's confusion.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeon Lion View Post
    However, if an enemy applies confusion to you and you use a skill, you can actually see a pop-up dmg besides your in-game model (not in the UI) with a purple cloud. That's confusion.
    I'll try to look for that - but I doubt I'll be able to recognize it fast enough, the area around my character too often is a blurr.
    Should be better with Ranger than in GW1 with Warrior, though.

--

For the record - I'm about as bad in GW1 as in GW2. I'm more used to the system of GW1 though, so it seems "easier". No doubt it is just as confusing as GW2.

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I'm sensing a trend here. Why is it that people who call others out and insinuate that gw1 is a better game don't know how to play gw2 properly? I think it's come to light that Ora and crew have a skill level which amounts to "I pushed buttons on recharge and die all the time, therefore gw1 is better because I could c+space and not ever die."
    then why do you belittle ppl who like GW1 more, is it because it's not in your liking thus it's bad?
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    making fun of ppl who don't like HM and belittle ppl who don't stand in your standards?

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    Fun fact: Shawn didn't like gw1 HM.

Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    you don't like HM yet you love PvP, and you say i am screwed up....

sorudo.9054

Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    you don't like HM yet you love PvP, and you say i am screwed up....
    Lolwut?

What has one to do with the other?

And shawn's right, HM was a joke. It was nothing more than an increase in stats. You didn't really introduce new mechanics that were actually hard to the fight.

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    HM and PvP are two entirely different beasts. HM was frustrating, but only because it wasn't actually more challenging - it just took longer. Once a person figures out how to proceed through HM, it's not even hard. I hero/henched most of HM in GW1. I wasn't particularly a fan of it either - it was just there as something to complete to get titles.

PvP was full of PEOPLE that could react to your decisions instantly, and to be a good player you had to be able to react to them and their decisions. You're not going to get two matches that are the same - whereas when you run a dungeon in HM, it's always the same foes and the same setup and the same choices.

But idk why I'm even bothering to try and explain, I learned a while ago that sorudo never has anything good to say about anything, and generally doesn't even understand what he's complaining about. Meh.
    Dea Draconis Friendship is Magic Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728