PC Gaming News
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    ok, let's make a rule, every time someone talks like a smartass thinking i don't know anything i type in my own language, let's see how much of a smarass you ppl are when you ppl lack the knowledge of a different language.

i am getting sick and tired of not being taken seriously simply because my secondary language is the part i lack in, you brought it you self, don't complain about "but this is an English forum"
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It has nothing to do with the language barrier. The intent is clear regardless. For example: YOU assumed anyone who liked GW1's PvP ought to also like GW1's HM by default. This is not true, and bad thinking on your part.

People don't take you seriously because you make statements that you then cannot back up with facts. Considering there's a lot of people on this forum who do not speak english as a first language, you can't use that as an excuse to be misunderstood. We understand perfectly, your english is fine. Your ideas... not so much.
    Dea Draconis • Friendship is Magic • Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

GuildWars Online [GWO] ||| The Order of Dii [Dii] |||
    Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post
    ok, let's make a rule, every time someone talks like a smartass thinking i don't know anything i type in my own language, let's see how much of a smarass you ppl are when you ppl lack the knowledge of a different language.
    Estás zangado irmão?

(had to do it)

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    I'm not sure I understand you.

What does me dying have to do with which game I prefer?
    I still think that GW2 feels very unfinished, especially targetting and combat.
    GW1 had its problems and limitations, but it had the excuse of being an old game, while GW2 was newly created to replace GW1.

What do you mean by "depth"? The much more complex combat?

Quote Originally Posted by sorudo View Post

i am getting sick and tired of not being taken seriously simply because my secondary language is the part i lack in, you brought it you self, don't complain about "but this is an English forum"
    Sorudo the fact you think the amount of flack you take in this forum is in any way connected to the fact that English is not your first language is absolutely extraordinary and indicative of the very issue people have with you. Trust me your grasp of the English language is not the problem, it's your grasp on reality.

As for this topic: How about learning the UI? I would consider downloading the online manual and giving that a read...

GWOnline Content Team Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I'm not referring to obvious things like fire or some sort of stun, but something like this "confusion" - which simply kills you when you use skills.

I attack enemies, suddenly I'm dead. What part of the screen shaking and flashing should have told me "You are under a spell that drains your health every time you use a skill" ?
    This is half of my experience. Usually I only die without knowing why because of a champion (I assume) one shotting me. Usually what I see is my health getting really low, but having played mostly the necro and mesmer classes, I find I have a lot of survivability and generally haven't noticed confusion because very little kills me if I'm actively playing. Obviously this is in PVE only. I don't feel like I die too much in this game right now, but then I don't do a lot of dungeons or PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    I'm sensing a trend here. Why is it that people who call others out and insinuate that gw1 is a better game don't know how to play gw2 properly? I think it's come to light that Ora and crew have a skill level which amounts to "I pushed buttons on recharge and die all the time, therefore gw1 is better because I could c+space and not ever die."
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    The sequel modernizes the series, making it a viable competitor, and improves on delivering something for everyone (without having an Aion level of grind involved), while maintaining the balance found in pvp. You would be hard pressed to find someone who objectively thinks gw1 is better, especially if they had never played it before gw2 or WoW.
    I don't think this is directed at me since I don't go around saying anything like this, but I will say that what I'm not enjoying so much about GW2 is less the mechanics (though I do miss the 360 targeting and c-space to run up to NPCs and foes) and more a sense of a lack of fun. I don't voice these concerns because I know that I haven't gotten anywhere near to understanding the GW2 skill/play mechanics that I did in GW1, and I haven't really gotten into the dungeon stuff, but I personally miss the missions of GW1. Some of them were fun to repeat and the heart quests are not. I think the events were meant to take the place of missions, but their very randomness kind of makes them feel pointless. At least when i did a mission in GW1 I was advancing myself in the story, or gaining more access to the map or I was doing it to help a friend/guildie get past something that was giving them trouble. And of course, you can only do the personal story missions once per character. Though except for the last mission, they weren't all that memorable either. I really need to start doing more WvW and dungeons, but I wanted to bring up a few more characters first....

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Ehmry Bay
    Guild

[Loot]
    Since this thread brings up comparisons of the original and the "sequel," I'm still baffled why some of the developed systems and lessons learned from the first are absent in the second. For examples, see grouping (party search and Embark Beach) and guild functions (GW had much more comprehensive features at launch.). Also, see districts. I miss those.

On topic, I knew what confusion does, so I knew that curly swirls are bad 'n stuff. The princess dolls are easily avoided and do minimal damage if you don't murder yourself, so I just usually like to leave them behind.

On the topic of in game information on things that kill you, I flip on the combat log chat channel. I don't remember what it's called by default, since I changed the names and the channels on almost all my chat tabs.

10 PostsVeteranBlogger10000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

far shiverpeak
    Guild

the legendary alterans
    Quote Originally Posted by kokabel View Post
    It has nothing to do with the language barrier. The intent is clear regardless. For example: YOU assumed anyone who liked GW1's PvP ought to also like GW1's HM by default. This is not true, and bad thinking on your part.
    wrong, i said what i said because shawn is pushing ppl to play PvP and simply can't comprehend the reason why others don't enjoy it, i can completely understand that ppl might not enjoy HM while enjoy PvP completely.
    i didn't say it in general, i said what i said to show how ridicules shawn is acting towards ppl.

People don't take you seriously because you make statements that you then cannot back up with facts. Considering there's a lot of people on this forum who do not speak english as a first language, you can't use that as an excuse to be misunderstood. We understand perfectly, your english is fine. Your ideas... not so much.
    all my ideas, every single 6 years of ideas?
    i seriously doubt that.
    it's alive but cannot be living, it's dead but lives a mortal life.

sorudo.9054

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeDVD View Post
    I think the events were meant to take the place of missions, but their very randomness kind of makes them feel pointless. At least when i did a mission in GW1 I was advancing myself in the story, or gaining more access to the map or I was doing it to help a friend/guildie get past something that was giving them trouble. And of course, you can only do the personal story missions once per character. Though except for the last mission, they weren't all that memorable either. I really need to start doing more WvW and dungeons, but I wanted to bring up a few more characters first....
    I think the personal story is more of a replacement for the missions. Consider that both missions and the personal story are primarily there to tell a narrative, and you can't just do those to progress (filling the gaps in with quests or dynamic events depending on which GW we're talking about).

Small difference that you can't repeat the personal story on your own, but you can still help others through it. To be honest I'd like to be able to repeat personal story steps even without reward (just like missions) if only to get a good idea of how I'm progressing as a player -- and try different tactics if I had a hard time the first time through.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Yay some good quality drama.

Fun times.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us