Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]

Colin hints at new WvW maps in the official forums

Itís worth noting, while they said weíre not working on new versions of the home maps currently, they didnít say anything about new maps in generalÖ..

Also Iíll throw out that the work our WvW guys are doing on culling and progression systems are extremely large, these are feature systems unto themselves. For example a lot of the culling work requires re-building almost entirely the way our game compiles, loads, and handles assets in general. For many companies, this task could literally years, weíre trying to pull it off in a matter of months, these guys are rock stars.

I know some of you got the impression there isnít much development going on here, but I was to clarify you couldnít be more wrong. There is a boat load of very serious WvW being done, much of it they discussed in this interview. Major features require many month long projects, our hope is youíll start seeing the major fruits of those labors starting in our February update.

Youíll hear more details from our WvW team once stuff gets closer to finalized and tested, but we think youíre going to be thrilled with the stuff thatís coming. As an old DAoC fan, Iím freaking stoked about what these guys are doing.

Source

I guess by no new home maps he means BLs?

I'd love to see variations on EB. That map is very statemate-y.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    What do they mean by the culling work. I am not familiar with the term. Also, there's an interview?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Culling = invisible army that people talk about in WvW. Apparently it's worse if you don't have a good computer. I rarely have issues with it, but I think it's inherent to the way they built the game. The interview is the first post of the thread. I tried to watch it when it was first posted, but the beginning is unbearable and you can't fast forward.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    Ah right.

Yeah that's happened to me, rarely but still. And my computer is pretty recent.

I can imagine this would be bad for a lot of people.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranCreated Album pictures1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Culling is one of the main reasons I don't enjoy WvW actually. When someone fights me and I die, I take it like a bauss. Someone bested me, good for them, I need to improve. When I get killed by thin air only to see 10 people appear as they're walking away from my corpse it is annoying as hell.

(I don't have a bad computer fyi. But I also get horrible loading times in LA whereas some folks get 10 second load times)
    Last edited by Raye; 03-01-2013 at 01:46. Reason: derp derp, i swear i speak english

GWOnline Site Pal Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I have issues with culling too, and my machine is pretty beastly. It has no trouble loading all the people when it does load them - suddenly what I thought was 2 people turns into 20 and it all goes horribly wrong.
    Dea Draconis ē Friendship is Magic ē Dea Felidae
    kokabel.5728

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    It's probably more related to lag now that I think about it. Loading time could be a factor, but lag is probably more at blame most of the time. Or server load.

Wow, I don't really know where the bottleneck is on this one.
    == Alaris & clone ==

Achievements:
    100 Posts10 PostsVeteran5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    They could replace all other players in WvW by stickmen. Colored stickmen. That would help with client performance.

GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

I believe that our goal of removing culling from WvW is achievable and I’m looking forward to the day that I can announce to you all that we’ve pulled it off!
    If they can pull this off then that will be absolutely fantastic! I look forward to this day too.
    :: Khorren [BPA] :: [SF] :: The sun never sets in the Quarry ::
    :: Unofficial JQ welcome wagon ::