-The game actually released
-Fix broken skills/traits
-Karma vendor in LA that offers all stat types of armor (wanted to get the exotic version of power/toughness/vitally gear for my Guardian, but hardly anyone runs dungeons, and Orr is a ghost town so temples are out)
-Remove DR from karma and loot
-Mobs involved in Dynamic Events give karma when killed
-Make open world bosses actually exciting instead of a snore-fest
-Fix the 'obstructed' and 'invulnerable' issues
-Champions, open world bosses and special mobs drop unique skinned items
-Character name change (kinda weird we can change the sex of our characters but not the name)
-No more mobs that have 124845863475897 health
-No more mobs that CC the hell out of you (**** you Orr)
-Remove the movement speed reduction in combat
-GvG and more PvP match types
-Give people a reason to go back to lower level zones
-An option to adjust the size/opacity of skill effects
-Increase loot drop quality (it's still ****) and better rewards in general
-Less cash grab please
-Bring back the design a weapon contest. Hell, have a design a armor contest.
PC Gaming News
Results 11 to 20 of 32
Thread: 2012 Reflections and 2013 Hopes
31-12-2012, 07:10 #11
Last edited by Tru Reptile; 31-12-2012 at 07:34.
31-12-2012, 08:57 #12
- up: game launch, finally
- down: not the game I expected to be, but it's personal taste. still playing, and I'll keep playing for long anyway
- did someone say GUESTING?!
- armor skins+dungeons: this things go together. I'd really be happy if I have the possibility to obtain armor skins without having to do dungeons 30 times. And dungeons need a huge rewamp, I'm not saying to make them doable solo, but at least make them easier even for not pro-hardgamer-raider-people_with_a_lot_of_time_in_their_hand.
- alternative to dungeons: ok, dungeons are for pro. I'm not pro so I'll keep myself away from those nasty places. Give us more world event, it's totally ok for me.
- mini dungeons: fractal are good, even if I don't like the grinding mechanics of their levels. What about mini dungeon (3men groups or similar)? Sometimes (more than sometimes) it's hard to find 5 people for a group and doing a full dungeon run can be long. Little group contents are valid, my stupid opinion. Fast, funny, with little rewards. Yay? Nay?
- I want druid class.
- more armor and weapon skins. Couldn't care less about town clothes. Armor skins is the reason I played GW for all those years.
Last edited by Beren Iluthiel; 31-12-2012 at 08:59.
31-12-2012, 14:12 #13
For 2013: Descendants of my old Heroes to help me out in places where I need a group but there isn't one. I obviously don't need them to run all over the world with me, but if I could call them up for special event dungeons and things, that would be great. And Orr...maybe they'd like to visit Orr with me.
31-12-2012, 14:25 #14
Guild Wars Reflections 2012
- Guild Wars 1 - Elementalist update (regular skills) came at least one year late. I have not even bothered with it.
- Guild Wars 2 - was finally released. Not perfect, but it has time to grow.
- Guild Wars 2 - played differently than I had planned, as not everything can be covered by one character.
Hopes for 2013
- We need guesting across NA/EU servers.
- Veteran mobs & Champions should drop (better) loot. Too many people are concentrated on the dragon events and a few other spots.
- Separated Guild pools of Influence, Upgrades & buffs are stupid. Find a way to merge those or at least add a way for Guilds to transfer Influence among servers.
- Home Instance feels as alive as a rotten corpse. Adding a Hylek without dialogue to mine is not what I expected.
- Culling in WvW is still bad and needs to be fixed.
- Invulnerability problems with PvE mobs, especially under water need to be solved.
- Hearts should count as events for the daily achivement
- DEs need to be spread out more on maps ... or they have to add a few more to populate more places.
- Conjured weapons for Elementalists are still bad and need more love.
- Health point divide between classes is a balance issue that needs to be tackled.
- Town cloth / Festival hat storage
31-12-2012, 15:39 #15
- Game launched, love the pretty graphics
- Very different to play, to me GW1 was about group synergy (7 NPC's and me), GW2 shifted that focus to a single character only
- Character development through traits, skills, equip stats and runes is a nice alternative to the above/GW1 though
- Gem Shop certainly doesn't make me forget that it wants my money
- Halloween was too much of a drop lottery
- Wintersday is what I call a proper event, makes me hope for more like this
- Love WvW, BUT: (at least on EU Servers:) Covering timezones (night-capping) feels more important in WvW than having decent players, not sure how this can be improved though
What I wish for 2013:
- Guesting and lfg function: Currently it takes far too long to get groups together for something other than the few popular dungeons
- Personal story overhaul: Make it a bit more challenging other than throwing a lot of mobs at the player. Too repetitive and few quests really stand out
- A zaishen-like reward system that encourages to play outside the 75+ maps (or starter zones to farm daily) at lvl 80
- Improved loot from champion mobs: Fighting them for several minutes to get no loot or grey junk isn't fun
- More armor skins (also GW1 ones please!), especially for light and medium armor, there are far too few I currently like
- While I do get why they had to change the attacking from height (invulnerable), the current implementation still makes me sad Now that we can jump, climb stuff, etc. ... it's mostly useless for combat.
31-12-2012, 15:49 #16
A tutorial on how the game actually works, in-game. For people like me, who are (Insert suitable attribute here).
Dismissal of servers alltogether (I know, won't happen)
Better descriptions in-game, I'm sure it's not just me being thick.
Lots of small things I don't want to try and list here, maybe they're just in my head...
"Loot" from personal-just-for-me spawned virtual boxes (i.e. Achievement completion) should not contain armor that I cannot wear.
All the recurring activities in Queensdale (human starter area) - are those hearts (the NPCs have hearts above them) or events (they count against the Daily Achievement)?
31-12-2012, 15:52 #17
up till now.
-necro's being powerful of a change
-the weapons are not profession specific
-big open world
-teaming without actually teaming
-easy guild management.
-can call minions without a corpse
-dungeons don't scale corectly
-armor with level limits
-gear max stats on higher quality instead of simply normal quality.
-town clothes don't work outside battle
-some places have spawns way to fast
-martial art profession
-ether a change in the thief to make them fun to play or the assassin as profession
-more jumping puzzles
-great sword for necro's
-one handed hammer and two handed axe
-dwarf as new race
-places in tyria unlocked like the crystal desert and the far siverpeak
that's it for now.
31-12-2012, 16:04 #18
Dynamic events = recurring activities (marked with orange text)
Sometimes dynamic events count towards the hearts progress, so maybe that's why you confused them?
I agree that it would be nice to have them count for the daily events though.
31-12-2012, 17:41 #19
Problem is, all those NPCs have Hearts above them - they're karma merchants only available after you activate them (completing the event/heart), while some still give out the event quest.
Am I the only one confused by that? If so, I seriously worry about my brain...
31-12-2012, 17:46 #20