PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
    [edit]

Seems the jumping puzzles just have to be completed, not newly discovered. So, you can just do the 3 ones in Lion's Arch once a day or even on multiple characters and it all counts.
    I've gotten different results from yours. I was able to get credit for the monthly when I walked into jumping puzzles, before completing them. I wonder if there are jumping puzzles that behave differently.
    ----------------------------satomz----------------------------
    -------------Fan Arts of all Types & Guild & Alliance Matchup & GW1-------------

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Quote Originally Posted by satomz View Post
    I've gotten different results from yours. I was able to get credit for the monthly when I walked into jumping puzzles, before completing them. I wonder if there are jumping puzzles that behave differently.
    Strange. Well, maybe it's enough to just enter them. That would certainly save some time.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    Just like I stated above. There's no jumping required for the monthly jumping puzzle achievement.

Walking to the beginning of the puzzle is enough, even if you've completed the puzzle before.

One other thing, from what I've read, it seems that overflow servers count differently. So (to use the example from my previous post) one character walking into the beginning of Urmaug's Secret in an overflow server counts once. Then that same character walks into Urmaug's Secret on the home server, and it counts again. So logging into different overflows will get you credit multiple times for one character and one jumping puzzle.

It's a super easy monthly task.

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWO
    Oh, sorry I somehow missed that sentence. Now I feel rather stupid. Anyway, that just makes it even easier then since I'm almost always put in an overflow server when entering Lion's Arch these days (unless it's very late at night.)

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
    Seems the jumping puzzles just have to be completed, not newly discovered. So, you can just do the 3 ones in Lion's Arch once a day or even on multiple characters and it all counts.
    Not true. You don't need to complete them. I went to that one in Caledon Forest, missed my jump to the very first floating stone and saw I already had the point so I stopped after that (never cared much for those kind of jumping puzzles, but I must say, I liked the one I did yesterday in Sparkfly...)

I tried to do some WvW, but I don't think I'll get that one. I just can't get myself to stay long enough to even make a kill...
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Server

Tarnished Coast
    This just in!

You don't need to complete the jumping puzzles to get credit for the achievement. Woo!

Yep, I amuse myself far too easily sometimes.

Administrator Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran10000 Experience Points6 months registered10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

Dii, TRUE
    Guys, I just logged in and started working on the monthlies and you don't have to complete the jumping puzzles to get credit for them.
    Follow us on Twitter and be our friend on Facebook!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I want to complete the jumping puzzles. Will I still get credit if I do?
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about

Noooo! Now I can't do JP for a whole month!

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    Social10 PostsVeteranCreated Blog entry10K Posts
    Server

Kaineng
    Guild

The Order of Dii [Dii]
    I did a bunch of jumping puzzles yesterday.

Note to self. Don't take the charr again. Just kidding! She's my mapper, so I kinda need to take her.

Also, interesting to note. Some jumping puzzles don't require jumping. The underwater asura teleporter for example, it is a puzzle, but it requires brains and no jumps or well-timed dodging of currents or underwater fire.
    == Alaris & clone ==
    Proud Officer of The Order Of Dii [Dii] - join us
    You can tell the quality of life of people by what they complain about